1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Clinton ... he's not bitter at all, is he?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jun 29, 2008.

1. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Second that, Ben.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

When the likes of the Washington Post has been essentially bought and paid for for five years, it's no surprise.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

We may have problems with the food and the teeth, but there are plenty of reasons to thank God for the British. This is one of them.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

In Mizzou's defense, I don't think he was trying to say the Telegraph is an actual TABLOID in the strictest terms. Rather, he likely was referring to the fact that it was a BRITISH paper that broke this (and many others, you'll note), not an American paper.

Was I reading you right Mizzou?

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yes.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

In relation to what's gone before: Most of the "British" press is not enthralled with Bush tax policy, unlike the WashPO, etc., etc., etc.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Woo-hoo! I've cracked the code and can now decipher the conservative brain! :D

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It should be pointed out that the only non-anonymous source in the story is from Mr. Anonymous himself, Klein.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Sorry, Alley, but Mizzou's just trying to cover his tracks after saying something completely preposterous.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I almost never side with Mizzou, but in the interest of having the partisanship be at least fair, what did he say that was completely preposterous?

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

That the only remaining broadsheet in Great Britain is a tabloid, implying the lowered journalistic level of the Sun, Star or Mirror.

You'll note that until you threw him a lifeline, he hadn't had any response to anyone pointing this out to him.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Or, it could have been that he simply was calling it a tabloid, since that's a natural way to refer to British papers for some people.

Honestly, what he called the Telegraph is much more secondary to his point that you wonder why it's a British rag that's doing this story instead of a U.S. rag.

Tabloid simply isn't a reason to argue this, unless it's to directly target Mizzou, as opposed to the issue.

Draft saved Draft deleted