1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Clinton ... he's not bitter at all, is he?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jun 29, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Let's face it, Clinton was Da Man and he obviously feels threatened by Obama's candidacy. Obama's already been kissing his ass. I don't know what more Clinton wants. He's coming off like a dbag. I'm trying to think of the last time he had any good press in this campaign. Every time his name is mentioned he's either blamed for dragging Hillary down, denigrating Obama or hanging out with some sleazeballs.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I just wish we didn't keep posting links to British rags... Obviously this isn't a deep background post, but it is a British tabloid...

Clinton definitely feels betrayed... There are a lot of politicians who got to where they are now largely because of Clinton, who supported Obama and he's pissed about it.

Does he have a right to be? Maybe. But, can you really blame some of those who wanted to be aligned with the presumed nominee, which Obama has been for quite some time, even though it got interesting for awhile...

3. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

If the Telegraph is your definition of a "tabloid," I'd hate to see what you'd call the Sun or the Daily Heil.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Comedy Gold?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/

5. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

bingo.

You'd think he was the one that ran for President instead of his wife. It only solidifies the notion that it was a Billary ticket which ran for office and his plans for a third term in office fell short.

6. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I clicked on the Sun's home page once. Once.

Never again, sir.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The difference is, if he had been able to run for a third term, either in 2000, or now, he would have won easily.

Now he can focus his attention on Chelsea in 2024.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I won't call the Telegraph a tabloid, but I wonder the same thing as Mizzou...why'd this come from a Brit newspaper and not an American rag?

9. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Liberal media....duh!

;)

10. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

That's just a bang-up display of knowledge of the international press.

"The Daily Telegraph is a British broadsheet newspaper, founded in 1855. Excepting the Financial Times, it is the only remaining daily newspaper printed on traditional newsprint in the broadsheet format in the United Kingdom, as most other broadsheet publications have converted to the smaller tabloid/compact or Berliner formats.

"In October 2007, the Telegraph was the highest selling British quality paper, with a certified average daily circulation of 882,413."

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

:D :) 8)

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

All I know is that the MAINSTREAM British press (not the sensationalist rags)
    has provided better/squarer coverage of the current US political scene than have most US papers.

Draft saved Draft deleted