1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Clinton ... he's not bitter at all, is he?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jun 29, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection2008/barackobama/2211812/Bill-Clinton-says-Barack-Obama-must-%27kiss-my-ass%27-for-his-support.html

I'd like to say I'm surprised, but at this point I have to say I'm not. I have to wonder if Bill wasn't driving the HRC campaign's overwhelming expectation that Hillary would somehow still end up with the nomination even as the vote totals started adding up. Sure seems like he's not yet come to terms with the fact that he will not end up being co-president.

Bitter ... party of one?

I mean, that's a hell of a statement for an ex-president to make, even to his confidants. As noted later in the story, Obama is the Democratic nominee and you just don't treat your party's presidential nominee like that, no matter what you may think of him in private.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Bill Clinton is an angry black man.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He's always been a poor loser. Takes things way too personally.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Clinton probably needs to go get laid. ::) ::)

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

This isn't about his wife losing. Not at all. It's about the fact that his family will not be acquiring any power directly in this election, which is all they ever gave a damn about. It's why she moved to New York in the first place.

6. service_gamer

service_gamer Active Member

If I were betrayed by my own party, I'd take it personally, too.

(Waits for the wrath of the SJ Obama supporters...)

7. No wrath here, just curious if you're serious. If you are, what the hell are you talking about?

8. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

Or at least have some more sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

He wasn't betrayed; the Dems went with the hot candidate they think can win. That's how politics works. Clinton, as much as anyone, should know that. BYM2 had it right; this is about power, nothing else.

10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Depends on how you define the meaning of the word "ass"...

11. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

He's understandably pissed. If Hillary was the nominee, he and she would be campaigning in different parts of the country, and Bill would be enjoying plenty of strange poontang.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Bill's attitude does not seem to be real helpful if his wife wants to veep, does it? Unless he really thinks he can't win without her on the ticket, why would he invite that headache into his administration?

Draft saved Draft deleted