1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Belichick, sleazeball

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Jan 29, 2007.

1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Don't forget the way he ran Bledsoe out of town after the guy was INJURED. Ya, I know the Pats wouldn't have won that many Super Bowls with Drew at the helm, but to me he's still a classless piece of shit for the way he treated Bernie and Drew.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

But he's no Ryan Sonner. Now, that dyke can play dodgeball!!

3. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

1,800 calls in a year is 5 a day.

When on Super Bowl and playoff gamedays did he have time to call her? The 2-minute warning?

4. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

How did he "run Bledsoe out of town?" The writing was on the wall for Bledsoe; a better player had emerged at his position. It would have been worse if the Patriots had kept him around for another preseason, gone through the motions of pretending to have a "competition" for the job in training camp, then kept Drew on the bench in '02. The Pats made the trade, gave Bledsoe a chance to be a starter in Buffalo, and moved forward with their new and improved quarterback. I don't think most coaches -- even those with more emotion than the cold-blooded Belichick -- would have done things any differently.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Brady proved himself to be everything that Bledsoe wasn't. It's sad what ended up happening to Bledsoe after that hit, vis-a-vis Brady taking his job away, but in the long run you can't argue with it.

A LOT of people doubted Belichick's move to bench Bledsoe when he was healthy again, the same people who now are saying Brady's a HOFer.

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Presumably, this word has a different meaning north of the border.

8. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

He's such a dick.

9. printdust

printdust New Member

I just know an NFL team owner is going to be swayed by this if he thinks Belly's coaching ability nets on-field success. I also believe in the Easter Bunny.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Fuck the acrimony between the Jets and the Patriots. It's been going on 10 years. Even Parcells said it went beyond the point of ridiculous.

11. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

When people refer to Belichick as a genius, I take it to mean he is a genius of a football coach, and not a genius in general. That is pretty hard to argue against, since he has been a major part of five Super Bowl champions (3 as head coach, 2 as defensive coordinator) and an AFC champion (1996 Patriots).

Was his Cleveland tenure rocky? Yes. At the time, I believe he was the youngest head coach in the league and he was taking over one of the worst, if not the worst, Browns' team in franchise history. Kosar had huge status in Cleveland at the time, but the change did benefit the team, regardless of whether Cleveland fans liked it. When a major, wildly unpopular change like that is made by a person with the personality of messy underwear, it's not going to be received well.

Still, the Browns went from 3-13 to 11-5 within 4 seasons. Only Pittsburgh, the team that knocked the Browns from the playoffs in 1994, had a better record among AFC teams that year.

The fallout from the 1995 season is pretty hard to pin on Belichick. The franchise move undermined anything done on the field that year.

By no means did Belichick run Bledsoe out of town. Bledsoe suffered a major injury, and Tom Brady stepped in and led the team to a Super Bowl. At the time, Bledsoe was too good a player to stay as a backup, but there is no way any coach could have logically decided to go back to him over Brady.

As was the case in Cleveland, time has shown that Belichick made the correct decision for his team.

12. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

The warm glow of the postgame. Plus, they both had really bad cell phones that dropped a lot of calls, so at least 1,200 of them were, "Hello?....hello?...."

Draft saved Draft deleted