1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Belichick, sleazeball

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Jan 29, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

You forgot to mention he wrote their when he meant there.

It's understandable. One's eyes can only take so much carnage at once.

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Love ya sportschick! :)

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Well, dammit! And I call myself a copy editor. :p

4. sportschick

I'm gonna stop commenting on other people's grammar now. :mad:

5. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Belichick did take the browns to the playoffs in 1994. Kosar, needed to be cut as he was no longer a starting QB and secondly it would have taken more then a genius to make the Browns a winner with the owner they had.

The following is from the Patriots web site prior to this seasons playoffs.

# Coach Belichick is the only head coach in NFL history to win three Super Bowls in four years (2001-04).
    # Coach Belichick's Patriots teams own all of the major winning streaks in NFL history: consecutive overall wins (21 from 2003-04), consecutive regular season wins (18 from 2003-04) and consecutive playoff wins (10 from 2001-05).
    # Coach Belichick is the only NFL head coach to win nine or more games in each of the last five seasons with the same team.
    # Coach Belichick's 11-2 playoff record is the second best in NFL history. He trails only the legendary Vince Lombardi, for whom the Super Bowl trophy is named.
    # Coach Belichick and Hall of Famer Chuck Noll are the only two NFL head coaches to win 10 post season games over a five-year span.
    # With 32 years of NFL coaching experience, Coach Belichick is the longest tenured among active NFL head coaches.
    # In 2004, Coach Belichick was named to Time Magazine’s list of the 100 Most Powerful and Influential People in the World after winning his second Super Bowl in three seasons.
    # Seven former assistants on Coach Belichick's staffs are head coaches in the NFL or college in 2006.

6. sportschick

Yea, cut Kosar so Philcox (sp) could start. Vinny was hurt. Kosar might not have been a starter any longer, but he sure as fuck was better than Philcox (sp).

You have proven your idiocy by not even knowing the basics of one of the dumbest moves by the franchise you claim to support.

And I've never said that Belidick is a bad coach, just that I don't believe he's a genius.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

He also turned water into wine.

8. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I didn't realize he had 32 years of experience in the NFL.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

fixed....

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

IndiansNetwork = fanboy looser

And Chuck Noll is the only coach in NFL history to win four Super Bowls in six years. Your point?

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

the guy's a prick. but he sure as hell can coach.

this is why the dungy-lovie matchup is such a gem. someone who's not a prick is going to prove you don't have to be one to win. what a concept, eh? :D :D :D :D

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Philcox. Isn't that what JDV does with his left and right hands on a nightly basis?

Draft saved Draft deleted