1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bikers attack SUV driver

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I wonder if he was listening to West Coast Classics or Rebel Radio when the driver ran over the biker?

I nearly had this happen to me. Pulled into a McDonald's in Joliet, Ill. and a biker felt I cut him off when I did it. He confronted me in the drive-thru line, screaming obscenities with my very scared then-5-year-old daughter in the backseat. He wanted to fight. The only way I got him to drive away was to tell the McDonald's drive-thru person to call the cops. The minute I did that he motored off. I never talked to the cops.

I was lucky I was in somewhat of a public place. Had I not been, it could have ended differently.

Moral of the story? Fuck bikers.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

How does this story fit the narrative. Not sure how to play it.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Funny - many say "Fuck Range Rover drivers" The vehicle of choice
    of the 1%ers.

If the driver was in a F - 150 with rebel flag in window he probably
    would have made it out of there just fine.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It reminded me of The Birds.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I have a Latin word I'm willing to bet you don't know.
    Do you know what cornus cornu means, man?

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

That's what I'm talking about. It was an honest mistake (if you, in fact, made a mistake) on your part and the guy gets bent out of shape.
    In your case, it was no harm no foul. The guy needed to get over himself.
    The SUV driver made an honest mistake. Granted, someone got hurt pretty badly in the processes, but it was not intentional.
    It doesn't give the other bikers the right to vandalize his car and assault him.
    They need to get over themselves.

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3cd_1380579664

Watch some of these and it's hard to believe some sort of incident hadn't happened sooner

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Huh?

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He's the first baseman.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Make a citizen's arrest = Slash the guy's tires, smash in his window with a bike helmet and drag him out of the car.

Yep.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Well, cornucopia plays on the Latin root for horn, and there's some phallic overtones in there as well. So maybe cornus cornu is slang for "dickly dick"? :D

Honestly, I never took Latin. I just picked up a few things in my graduate training and play around with them (and some others) 'round here.

Draft saved Draft deleted