1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bikers attack SUV driver

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The motor cycle drivers could contend that they were trying to stop a hit and run
    driver and make a citizens arrest. Would not surprise me that we learn that there
    were off duty cops among the riders.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I think I need to get more practiced at using the blue font ...

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Try throwing in some Latin next time.

4. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'm Team SUV Driver. If someone was threatening the well-being of my wife and my child inside the car, I would have done the same thing. Biker be damned. I drove slowly and cautiously, and the bikers were driving like assholes. Sorry how it all worked out, but I have a tough time feeling sympathy for the paralyzed biker after what transpired.

5. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

He did have a phone. He did call 911. His was one of dozens of calls because of the bikers' asshattery.

This wasn't road rage. This was bullying on bikes.

You can find video from an earlier incident (earlier that day) involving the bikers and a driver of a Prius. This group has a history of trying to pull this crap.

I agree with Starman, I'd pin a medal on the guy's chest if he had run down every last one of them.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I don't have sympathy either for the biker. Just interested in how the insurance
    aspects will play out.

Does NY have Stand your ground law on the books?

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That's OK. I'm sure the biker who got run down deserved it, too.

I'll know for sure once I unearth the list of convenience stores he visited in the previous 24 hours, and what he bought there.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If that's me in the Rover, the fine young gentleman that decided to get off his motor scooter and bash in my window will quickly find himself playing gin in the 8th circle of hell with Hitler, Hussein and Stalin.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

10. doctorquant

+1,000

11. doctorquant

Reductio ad fontius caeruleum

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You guys may have seen from this summer this Russian Dash cam, a motorcycle guy whose break check in front of a driver did not go well.

http://www.rightthisminute.com/video/russian-bikers-brake-check-does-not-go-planned

you can ff to around the 50 second mark.

Draft saved Draft deleted