1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biker Story

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by heyabbott, Mar 22, 2010.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

A Harley biker is riding by the zoo in Washington, DC when he sees a little girl leaning into the lion's cage.

Suddenly, the lion grabs her by the cuff of her jacket and tries to pull her inside to slaughter her, under the eyes of her screaming parents.
    The biker jumps off his Harley, runs to the cage and hits the lion square on the nose with a powerful punch.
    Whimpering from the pain the lion jumps back letting go of the girl, and the biker brings her to her terrified parents, who thank him endlessly.

A reporter has watched the whole event. The reporter addressing the Harley rider says, 'Sir, this was the most gallant and brave thing I've seen a man do in my whole life.'

The Harley rider replies, 'Why, it was nothing, really, the lion was behind bars. I just saw this little kid in danger and acted as I felt right.'

The reporter says, 'Well, I'll make sure this won't go unnoticed. I'm a journalist, and tomorrow's paper will have this story on the front page...
    So, what do you do for a living and what political affiliation do you have?'

The biker replies, 'I'm a U.S. Marine and a Republican.'

The journalist leaves.
    The following morning the biker buys the paper to see news of his actions, and reads, on the front page:

U.S. MARINE ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT AND STEALS HIS LUNCH

The above was sent to me from a friend with the following tag line

That pretty much sums up the media's approach to the news

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't know any Republican bikers. Why couldn't the guy have been driving a Lexus or Escalade? That would be funnier.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I know plenty of Republican bikers, then again, I'm not an insulated liberal member of the media. :)

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Your friend's an idiot.

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

And then, Tony Kornheiser tried to run him down.

The end.

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Are you kidding? Jesus.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Nice to see the leftist humor police are on the case.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Not since Lance Armstrong got his testicle in a knot

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The story is illogical.

A reporter at the zoo would have been there on his day off and would have at the most called the desk and let them handle it.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Actually he would have most likely been working at the zoo to make ends meet.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yep, as a janitor. And that would pay more than his newspaper gig.

12. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I'm a member of a Christian biker group, and there are plenty of hardcore Republicans in our midst.

Draft saved Draft deleted