1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bike racks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jul 14, 2013.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Oh, it's very addictive.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I assume you do a lot of road riding? My riding so far has been limited to paved trails. Haven't had the confidence yet to plunge into the world of riding busy streets and roads, but must do that soon.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've got a Thule where the mounting bars (where you hang the bikes) fold down for easy storage. Good stuff.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Luckily I don't have a lot of busy streets. I can get from my house out to some deserted county roads via neighborhoods, one major road and then a bike trail.

Just be confident and make eye contact with drivers when you can. It sounds odd, but if you're staring directly at them it will catch their eye. And get a Road ID, just in case.

5. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

http://www.bikesomewhere.com/Swagman-Bicycle-Cross-Country-Platform/dp/B001DMJPLO

I'm a fan of this swagman hitch model but it is $200

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Whenever I visit Anything Goes, I keep hoping the thread title becomes "Big Racks." Alas...

Draft saved Draft deleted