1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bike people are the worst

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CD Boogie, Jul 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thanks y'all.

While I was posting that, we got another update ...

"Update (10:00) John did well with both surgeries and is in ICU where he is responding to pain which is a good sign that he is not brain dead. He has broken L1 and L2 in his back and makes jerking movements which is also signs that signals are getting through meaning not paralyzed. He has already shown improvement. He is able to breathe on his own but not enough so he is on a ventilator and also has a drain in his brain to keep pressure off."

But, yeah, bike people are the worst.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your friend, but I would hope you don't think I would mean harm to any biker. I am always shocked by people who commit hit and run. Just the worst cowards possible.

3. Inky_Wretch

I know you don’t. But having this happen so close to some of the posts on this thread ...

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Any news?

5. Inky_Wretch

The last word was a massive stroke had hit due to a blood clot. We are expecting the worst.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry.

Hang in there.

PM me if you need anything.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Thanks.

8. Inky_Wretch

So, John died this morning. It was expected with the level of trauma. He's not hurting now.

The driver of the vehicle still hasn't been caught. The PD aren't even sure what kind of vehicle hit him. But the most frustrating thing - as a former member of the media - is the local newspaper and TV stations haven't mentioned the accident/crime at all. I guess they needed a dead body before it was newsworthy.

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Wow. That sucks so bad. Thinking of you, and of the rest of John's family and friends. Hope they catch the careless fucker who killed him.

Also: I hope John's death serves as reminder for everybody here to drive with caution around cyclists, pedestrians, and anybody else who is guaranteed to lose a battle with your car. We all just need to be a little more considerate of each other. What matters, ultimately, is that we all get where we're going safely, and we can help make sure each other do.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

oh fuck

I'm so sorry.

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

That sucks. I hope someone who saw anything comes forward.

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

:(

Draft saved Draft deleted