1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biggest Super Bowl MVP snub

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jan 27, 2008.

?

Yeah... yeah... yeah... Neil O'Donnell, hands down! Now that we have that out of the system...

1. Max McGee, Packers, I (7 catches, 138 yards, two spectacular TDs)

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. Matt Snell, Jets, III (121 rushing yards, Jets' only TD)

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Rod Martin, Raiders, XV (three interceptions, one fumble recovery)

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. James Washington, Cowboys, XXVIII (11 tackles, forced fumble, interception, fumble return for tying

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  5. Other

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Thank you.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I don't care who cares about what.

Mama made oatmeal cookies, OOP and I are playing paper football on the expensive formosa.

So shut the fuck up about it already.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Start your own Web site on Super Bowl XL, then. Every damn NFL thread here becomes a replay of a game most of us can barely remember and don't care to. It is tyranny of the obsessive, and I really think those objecting have a point.

4. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Hell, I'm still pissed about that interference call on Benny Barnes.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Mike,

No.

The topic in question, a legitimate one given it was a Worst Super Bowl thread, had been on the table for the last week or so. No need to exagerrate.

And many of the posts were goofy photos not intended to inflame or incite (and certainly not intended to elucidate -- we won't be having any of that on a Sports and News thread).

That said, we'll get right back on the ball here and start slapping up pictures of cats with contorted faces. That'll just be great.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Looks like he's got Alexander by the back of the jersey, which wasn't included in the Roy Williams Rule until that offseason, so it would have been a legal play in that game.

[/ducking]

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Washington safety Brad Edwards, SB XXVI. Two INTs for 56 yards in returns, five PBU, bunch of tackles and hard hits. Led the D that terrorized Kelly and the Bills.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Oz, I've been read my rights. I have no further comment at this time.

I hope there is a time when we may all discuss NFL officiating maturely and with disinterest, using that game, front and center, as a case study.

Until then, banging the drum slowly.

9. back on topic, I don't think Rhodes got screwed out of the MVP. You could argue that Addai was just as valuable, 77 yards rushing and 66 receiving. But, as has been said, everyone knew Manning was going to get the MVP. Any of the three could have received the award.

Draft saved Draft deleted