1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biggest piss-job on Bonds to date

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PhilaYank36, Jul 18, 2007.

1. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

Sid Bream would agree.

2. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

you would, being an idiot.

And I thought lil' Chuckie hated baseball. Turns out lil' Chuckie listens to Yankees games. Lil' Chuckie's an even bigger fraud than the HR record.

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I thought the biggest piss job on Bonds was Pearlman's book.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

This may in fact be my last post here, because I'm going to douse myself in gasoline and have a good long smoke for agreeing with Yawn and Twoback. But anyone who harps on the Bonds is juiced and so-and-so isn't has to remember ALEX FUCKING SANCHEZ was on the juice, and Manny fucking Alexander was found with a glove compartment full of roids while with the Red Sox.

At this point, presume everyone is juicing. You'll be a lot closer to right than by presuming Bonds is one of the few cheaters in the league.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Everyone? Even a fat slob like Bob Wickman?

7. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Antonio Alfoseca took so much HGH, he grew extra digits. Really, though, would it surprise people to know in a little while that the whole sport is dirty? The way cycling has come down?

8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

You just THINK that's tobacco he's chewing.

9. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

This line had me laughing. Maybe if Bonds had made himself huge by working out on a machine created from bubble gum, paper clips, a tube sock, a Swiss army knife, some rope and duct tape, people wouldn't be so down on him.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Man, if Griffey were on roids, he'd be averaging five games a season. :eek:

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Let's see if I've got this straight:

If a clean hitter hits a home run off a clean pitcher, all is well.

If a juiced hitter hits a home run off a juiced pitcher, the hitter is a fraud and nobody gives a shit that pitchers are just a likely (if not more) to be juiced than hitters.

I guess 'roids only matter if there is some neon statistic --- HOME RUN --- that completely makes every other accomplishment of every other juiced player or pitcher invisible by comparison.

Draft saved Draft deleted