1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biggest piss-job on Bonds to date

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PhilaYank36, Jul 18, 2007.

1. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

I seriously wish that Bob Gibson or Don Drysdale (RIP) were still pitching and the music they'd make throwing bean balls off of FrankenBarry's "armor." And if I was pitching, I'd never give the SOB anything but junk out of the strike zone and gas behind his big butt.

Bonds is no doubt a talented player (check the gene pool) but he's always been a selfish jerk and now he's turned into a fraud. I hope he winds up with 'roid tits and a stone for a liver because of his chemical dependencies.

2. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Personally, I think the only reason why Bonds hasn't been taken to task yet is that God and the Devil have collaborated on some awful kind of punishment for him in the afterlife.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Let's go round up every steroid user in every sport at every level.

You got a jail for them?

4. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Someday, someone will explain to me why everyone just knows certain players are clean. Reilly names two in his column. I mean he JUST KNOWs.
    Isn't that amazing?

5. alanTdot

alanTdot Member

So if I get this correctly, this outpouring of vitriol is because Bonds didn't retire before getting the HR record ala Mark McGuire?

6. alanTdot

alanTdot Member

Sorry to say, Bonds is the best player anybody under 45 has seen with their own eyes..

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Who's Mark McGuire?

8. alanTdot

alanTdot Member

McGwire....

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Ken Griffey Jr. and Alex Rodriguez would like to speak with you. He's up there, but you can't say emphatically he's the best folks that age have ever seen.

10. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

While most people concede that he was headed to the Hall pre-Balco, I think you'd get plenty of debate as to whether he would have gone down as one of the all-time greats if he didn't juice. My vote: he wouldn't have.

11. alanTdot

alanTdot Member

Griffey never stole bases like Bonds did - Bonds is a 500/500 guy - And Arod might be better, but not yet. Both haven't done much in the playoffs.

12. alanTdot

alanTdot Member

Even Reilly admits that Bonds was destined for 650 without the alleged 'help'. There hasn't been a better player in this era.

Draft saved Draft deleted