1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biggest Pet Peeve

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Jun 22, 2006.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Winn-Dixie in my area has self-checkout. Such as it is.

After pressing all the right buttons, the following message invariably comes up:

"WAIT FOR CASHIER"

Can't win.

2. Stupid

Stupid Member

There are still Winn-Dixies?

3. First of all, Stupid, thank you for being considerate and having the correct change ready to move the process along.

On self-checkout, I guess it depends how you are paying. For example, if you pay for your item with one bill ($1, $5, etc.) into the machine and just let it spit out the change, that versus the card swipe might be a close race. If you pay for your item trying to feed multiple bills (and especially if you add in change) into the machine, I think in most cases a simple card swipe is going to be faster. (Just like Stupid has his cash ready, I do have my card ready, locked and loaded.  :))

Self-checkout card swipe versus anything with a dumb cashier. No contest. Self-checkout card swiple wins.

I just think the card swipe is easier and plus I get the percentage back. (And I do pay my card off in full, so it really is like extra money for me.)

4. That sucjs BTE.

And, yes, Stupid, I've seen a few recently in Louisiana and Mississippi. There may be some in other states that I just don't know about.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Just had a boatload of them close in my area.

But there are still a handful of them open, including one right next door to the tennis store I frequent a couple of times a week.

71 cents for a 2-liter Diet Dr. Chek is hard to beat.

6. Stupid

Stupid Member

Then add another pet peeve to my list: not having W-Ds in my area. All we have are Kroger, Food Lion, Harris-Teeter, Lowe's and the worst grocery chain ever, Piggly Wiggly. And my little redneck town doesn't have Lowe's or Kroger.

I miss the W-D. that and the A&P were the grocery stores of my youth.

7. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

I miss having a Harris-Teeter nearby.

8. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Hear, hear!

9. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

HAHAHAHA! Ya got me! ;D

But hell, he doesn't deserve for me to know how to spell his name right. BOO-YAH!

10. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

It's when some dipshit is too lazy to stand up to wipe his ass, leaving skidmarks on the back of the seat.

If your ass is that fat, stand the hell up when you wipe. :mad:

And I thought of one more, a take-off of the bitch in the middle of the aisle at the store:

* Two assholes who stand in the intersection at the department store, both with carts, yakking on and on. Take your ass to the cafe if you want to hear about little Bobby's gout, dammit!

11. Overrated

Overrated Guest

People who don't respond when I say, "How ya doin?" make me homicidal.

12. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

How about people who ask you the same question, though, and don't really care? Makes me want to punch them in the teeth.

Draft saved Draft deleted