1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biggest Pet Peeve

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Jun 22, 2006.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Fast food workers who fuck up my order, and then have the balls to argue with me when I call them on their fuck up.

2. WS

WS Member

I use my debit card a lot, but absolutely HATE IT when people write checks in line at the store. THAT is what takes too much damn time.

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I agree to a degree. I typically drive 9.5 miles per hour over the speed limit (on the interstate or major highway) and I never get pulled over. I hate when people are driving like 35 mph over and get all pissy with me being in their way. A double standard? I'm sure, but it still bothers me. I mean, why drive that fast? It's just stupid. Unless you're going to the hospital, it's stupid. Just cool the jets, be calm like me and go 9.5 over and we'll all get there faster without a ticket and ahead of those losers going right at the limit.

4. Stupid

Stupid Member

No you can't. Your kind is always clogging up the line. Nobody goes thru the line faster than me and all must suffer my wrath for not living up to my standards. Pray you don't fumble your card or hit the wrong number key in front of me one day while you're paying for a Gatorade and an Esquire.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Speaking of cashiers . . .

I always like to carry as little change as possible --- and I prefer quarters to anything else --- so I try to pay for something so that I will walk out of the store with less change than when I came in, and preferably quarters.

Example:

Price is $6.80.

Insted of giving $7 and getting two dimes back, I give $7.05 and get one quarter back.

The befuddled look on the cashier's face when I give them that nickel is priceless. Half the time they give me the nickel back . . . along with the two dimes I didn't want. :'(

6. Oh I'm with you on that BTE.

Another reason, I charge everything is that I have one of those percentage back cards. One two-liter might not seem like a lot when getting a small percentage back, but it does all add up. Especially when paying cash gets you nada.

And I really do believe I can zip through a self checkout line faster than paying cash to some slow cashier. Especially with all of the practice I get making those small purchases. :p

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Memo to all ice cream parlor cashiers:

Give the customer his change first, THEN his cone.

It's really a lot of fun trying to open my wallet and put bills in with one hand while the other hand is negotiating a dripping cone.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

This one made me and the Mrs. laugh very hard.

9. I see BTE shares my love of all moronic cashiers. Dead on again.

That's the best thing about self-checkout. No cashiers. So perhaps I'll just add cashiers to my list of pet peeves.

10. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I seriously detest all of the people in this state who think it's a good idea to come to a dead stop at the end of an on-ramp when I'm behind them, having accelerated my car to the speed of the traffic into which I will be merging. That is a good way to get yourself rear-ended, bucko.

11. Stupid

Stupid Member

You won't beat me, Firsttime. I'm obsessive about having the correct change ready.

Self-checkout is a different story but I don't think the card is faster than cash. I was in a taqueria in Chapel Hill about a month ago and everyone in the line was paying with a card. I watched them all take longer to complete their transaction than I did (except the ordering part, where my wife had to ask specific questions about the carne asada ... but that's a whole other pet peeve of mine).

12. Stupid

Stupid Member

When I lived in SF and rode my bike everywhere, I really hated when cars would cut me off and make me stop when I had a little bit of momentum going up a hill. For those who have never ridden a bike in San Francisco, you don't know how much momentum can mean on those hills.

Draft saved Draft deleted