1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biggest Pet Peeve

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Steve Hackett

Steve Hackett Member

those who insist on "alot" instead of "a lot"
    people who chew ice
    litter
    28 items in the 10 item lane
    teenagers leisurely crossing the street
    cable companies
    declared "World Champions" when they win NFL or NBA titles
    people who eat with their mouth open
    poor tippers​

2. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Jay Mariotti </Ozzie Guillen>

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

People who don't contain their children in public places.

Those who don't observe gym rules: wipe down the machine after use, walkers on the outside runners on the inside, don't spit in the fountian.

Women with dark hair (or ethnic women) who are trying to become blond: Beyonce, Jessica Alba, JLo, etc.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

loud gum-chewers. :eek: :eek: :eek:

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

What the fuck?? Where does this happen?

OMG I'm laughing so hard. I'm laughing so hard I'm LOL'ing.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hey, some people have bad aim.

7. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

Uniformed opinions, opinions based on perception rather than reality, knee-jerk reactions and intolerance, particularly from those who demand tolerance.

8. 1) Kind of a takeoff of the driving slow in the leftlane. I hate when, on a roadtrip, it's too crowded/the people drive too slow for me to use cruise control when I'm in the right lane. So it forces me into the left lane. Since I understand the whole left lane=fast concept, I want to leave that lane open but I don't want a ticket so I don't want to go more than 10 mph over the speed limit, so it leaves me in an awkward position.

Basically, what I try to do in that situation is use the left lane until I see someone coming up behind me and then I cut off the cruise control and get into the right lane until the person in the left lane passes. Then I hop back into the left lane and restart the cruise control.

2) Got road trips on the mind. 18-wheelers, rocks, windshield. Pow. I HATE that.

3) Phone companies. Anywhere. (I don't even deal with cable companies anymore ever. Love satellite.)

4) Landlords. This is especially irritating to me since my family used to own and manage rental propery and I know how hard they tried to be good landlords. I can't imagine many of the people I've rented from tried as hard as they did. Can't wait until I own. At least then it will be my problems to deal with instead of having to nag cheap/stupid landlords.

5) The way electronic nowadays are so cheapily made that it is almost always better to replace than repair.

9. Overrated

Overrated Guest

The fucking lady in the grocery store who has three kids hanging off her cart, which is parked squarely in the center of the aisle, which won't get moved until she's finished staring at the god damned mayonnaise selection five minutes later, while some-fucking-how pretending not to see you there waiting to get by her fat fucking ass and her trio of kids, who not only look like shit, but smell like it too.

10. Fubar

Fubar Member

People who fail to understand the proper, polite sequence is blinker and THEN brakes. Not the other way around. Of course, I also would like to punch everyone who absolutely disregards the use of directionals alltogether. Fools.

35 in a 50 makes me want to wring necks too.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I wanted a peeve when I was a kid, but my sister was allergic so my parents wouldn't allow it.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

"Speed limit: 65 mph"

It's surprising how many people this concept is lost on.

Is someone going 65 in the left lane being rude because he's in the way of some Type A personality going 80 just so he can get wherever he's going five minutes earlier?

Draft saved Draft deleted