1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biggest Pet Peeve

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Jun 22, 2006.

1. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

I've been grumpy for two days now, so EVERYTHING is my pet peeve right now!! (And no, I can't even blame it on that time of month)

Aside from the slow driving in the left lane, my other big pet peeve is someone who pulls out in front of you (who is doing 60 mph) and then turns left about 100 yards down the road. Assclowns!

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

People who tailgate me in the left lane.

3. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

bad drivers, loud cell phones in the office, and any radical religious or political person who cannot think with an open mind. basically intolerant and inconsiderate people.

4. Stupid

Stupid Member

a mama with a scorebook

5. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

This will include darn near everyone but: people who turn into the wrong lane. Like if you're making a left handed turn and someone's coming from the other direction and making a right hand turn, the way most dipshits drive they'd crash right between the two lanes. If they'd just follow the damn law, they could both turn unharmed, into the nearest lane. It doesn't take that many more muscles to pull the big heavy wheel two more inches and turn just a hair tighter. Sadly, most Americans are too lazy to do it.

Also: My smelly ass, dirty ass, stupid ass, never-written-a-headline-without-a-pun dipshit of a cublical mate.

Third place: My girlfriend's roommate. Has a stupid job where she doesn't do shit, makes a ton more money than I do, but totally pisses it all away and is always broke. She pays like $50 extra per month to have a garage at her apartment, but never uses it because it's about 10 steps further than a free parking spot. Still pays though. A while back she got a brand spanking new car and still parked it right out there under the hot ass sun. Rain, hail, snow -- it doesn't matter. She has to walk 10 less steps, ya know. It's not my business I know, but it still drives me nuts.

6. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Agreed Stupid.

A few more:
    1. Brangelina
    2. Loud, stupid-ass teenagers in movie theaters who can't turn their effin cellphones off (why I no longer go to many movies)
    3. Stewart Scott
    4. Going through drive-thrus and having your order jacked up (which causes you to have to park, go back in and have them fix it).
    5. Phone and cable companies

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Have ya been to B.C.?

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

-- People popping gum bubbles. Irritates me so much I have to count to 10.
    -- The smell of bubble gum.
    -- Anyone standing over your back while you're working.
    -- Acronyms. Alphabet soup of bullshit. Your mama gave you a name, I am not going to call you "TO."

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Who's Stewart Scott? ;D

Didn't we just have a pet peeve thread? My additions:

1. Spelling mistakes.
    2. Grammar mistakes.
    3. Cat piss (sorry SC, just not a cat fan.)

10. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Several:

* Smoking in public

* DRIVERS
    ** Who don't use their freaking turn signals
    ** Who drive 5 miles (or slower) below the speed limit
    ** Who turn not in the turn lane
    ** Who throw stuff out the windows
    ** Who empty ashtrays in the parking lot
    ** Who think they're such hot shit that they insist on us listening to their cRAP blaring out of their cars

* Bullies

* Obnoxious people who interject themselves in conversations

* People who crap on the seat and don't wipe it off

* Commercials where the only people doing anything stupid are white men

* People who don't know how to use they're, their, there; and it's and its

* Talk radio

* Stupid TV commercials where the only goal is to insult your intelligence

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Even worse than your order being totally jacked up is your order being a little jacked up. You'll no doubt go back if you didn't get a burger or a drink or something, but will you if you didn't get ketchup or a straw? Hell, by the time you notice something little like that, you're probably already long gone and it's not at all worth turning around for, but at the same time, it doesn't stop bugging you until the whole meal is gone.

12. sportsed

sportsed Guest

I'll tell you what's NOT one of my pet peeves: pet peeve threads. I love 'em.

Self-inflicted conference: Losing gift cards; when the battery on my iPod runs out in the middle of a workout.

Not-my-fault conference:
    People looking over my shoulder
    Unnecessary repetition in songs or commercials
    Photo CDs that won't open on my computer
    When my neighbor's wifi goes out
    People who laugh at something they're reading and expect you to ask them, "What?"
    Child actors trying to be funny
    Old ladies rapping
    Reporters quoting Robert Thompson/John Challenger/Sumir Kusni/Gary Bongiovanni for stories because they're too lazy to search out other experts
    People unable to listen to stories without bringing up their kids
    The guy with the annoying voice and his co-worker the dope from the HH Gregg commercials
    Girls wearing sunglasses the size of saucer plates

Thanks, guys, that felt good.

Draft saved Draft deleted