1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biggest pet peeve in sports today?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Splendid Splinter, Mar 18, 2021.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I have as many commercials for DraftKings on TV as I do pills drug companies insist I ask my doctor about.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. The Fed Ex standings in February and March.
    You can shove those stupid points down my throat as much as you can. You can give one gazillion dollars to the Fed Ex champion at the end of the year. The instrument hasn't been invented which can measure my lack of interest in Keegan Bradley's Fed Ex standing. While he's at the Waste Management Open in February. On his second shot on the fifth hole. On Saturday.

3. poindexter

Oh you want MORE replay, do you?

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

How much of the player? A finger? The top of his helmet? Up to his waist?

And what if his head get across the line but the ball doesn't?

The fact is, the object of the game is to get the ball across the goal line while you're in possession of it. Not your hand or your knee or your helmet. The ball.

5. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I don't like traditionally "bad" things (fouls, incomplete passes) being used to help the team doing them.

Give the "fouled" team the choice of shots or possession. Might have to make fouls beyond the 3-point line three shots to keep teams from fouling incessantly hoping to get a steal off the inbounds.

Start the clock as soon as a spiked ball hits the ground (which would pretty much eliminate it). Start ALL clocks when the ball is spotted.

It's called a "touchdown." I wouldn't mind a player having to "touch down" in the end zone to get the points. Either the ball or a body part. Something needs to touch that turf beyond the goal line.

MTM likes this.
  7. poindexter

NBA teams getting the ball at half court after a made basket from the other team, after a time out.

dixiehack likes this.
  8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Watch rugby!

Re: the spike. Then they would have to go back to the old days and throw a pass over a guy's head and out of bounds. Would take a second or two more.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I have always hated that.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

College football overtime.

Tighthead likes this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

No, because in my dictatorship the clock would start when the ball is spotted. No more spiking with a couple of seconds left to set up your field goal.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

One of my favorite things.

Draft saved Draft deleted