1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biggest NFL Draft snub?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by WaylonJennings, May 4, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

never fail to prove your stupidity, do you?

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Can you really call Gates a draft snub? I don't even think he played football in college.

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

How about Charlie Ward? I know he decided to play basketball and that led to him not getting drafted, but some thought he would have been an outstanding QB in the NFL despite being about 6-foot or so.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Troy was snubbed because the scouts couldn't find him. He was still busy picking grass out of his teeth after the national championship game.

I thought Rory Johnson (LB from Ole Miss) would get drafted. At one point he was the fifth-best linebacker in the draft according to Kiper. Character issues were apparently a problem, but it didn't seem worse than other guys who did get drafted.

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I thought John Stocco should have gotten drafted. He is a better pro prospect than Bollinger or Sorgi.

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Chris Leak is 5-11. He's not slow, but he won't take a hit.

7. Hammer Pants

I know he was the third-stringer on his own team, but I thought someone would take a chance on Danny Ware ... then again, a lot of talented tailbacks weren't drafted. NFL teams are starting to realize how dime-a-dozen 95 percent of tailbacks are.

8. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Same here hammer pants. Ware was outstanding as a freshman, but injury problems really set him back. And he didn't like that he lost his job so he was in Richt's doghouse. Did he catch on anywhere as a FA?

9. Was Pittsburgh's Tyler Palko in this year's draft? That would be another one.

10. Hammer Pants

Danny Ware went to the Titans.

In a few years, I think we're going to realize that Georgia's tailback roster from last year (Kregg Lumpkin, Thomas Brown, Danny Ware, Knowshon Moreno) was really, really talented, like nearly in the same class as the SEC's other ridiculous tandems of the past 15 or so years... Patriculary Tennessee's ridiculous run of them in the 90s...

Auburn ... Ronnie, Cadillac, Lester
    Tennessee ... Jamal Lewis, Travis Henry, Shawn Bryson, Travis Stephens
    Tennessee ... Cobb/Webb
    Tennessee ... Charlie Garner, James Stewart, Jay Graham (damn Fulmer had a lot of freaking talent all over the field in the 90s ... one national title wasn't enough)
    LSU had some tandems, too...

Also, UGA and Tennessee are both loaded with potential future tailback draft picks next year. Coker from Tennessee has got to be one of the fastest players in the country.

11. Hammer Pants

Palko went to the Saints as an undrafted free agent.

Draft saved Draft deleted