1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biggest laughing-stock in pro sports

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PhilaYank36, Sep 12, 2007.

?

Which of these teams should be demoted/disbanded/contracted because every level of their operation i

1. Oakland Raiders

5 vote(s)
    10.6%
  2. New York Knicks

7 vote(s)
    14.9%
  3. Florida Marlins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Chicago Blackhawks

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  5. Atlanta Hawks/Thrashers

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  6. Detriot Lions

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  7. Los Angeles Clippers

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  8. Kansas City Royals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Tampa Bay Devil Rays

10 vote(s)
    21.3%
  10. Cleveland Browns

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  11. Baltimore Orioles

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  12. Pittsburgh Pirates

9 vote(s)
    19.1%
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I went with the D-Rays. The only reason they got the team was to stem a lawsuit by Vince Naimoli who bought the Giants and planned to move them to TB before the commissioner stepped in.
    Since then, they play in a bad dome, their unis are lame, there was a backlash against including "Devil" in their team name, they draft bad apples and consistently suck. Now that they have a new owner, fans realize he's not a whole lot better. And playing in their division, they are one franchise I'd be willing to bet my life on will never win a World Series.

2. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

I gotta go with the Browns. Although Charlie Frye may make me live to regret it.

The Devil Rays are ill in the old sense, but someone in that organization knows how to identify young hitters.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

DTGDTN!

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Pirates all the way. Although the Orioles are not far behind -- and are a much, much, much worse team than Pittsburgh this season. But it's tough to ignore how pathetic the Pirates have been for 60 percent of my life.

5. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

OSWKYUYAD!

(Or spnited will kill you until you are dead!)

6. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

I went with the Blackhawks. I know things may change in the future, but if you want a vote right now, they're completely pathetic.

7. The Clippers don't really belong on this list anymore. They upgraded from the Sports Arena to the Staples Center, got decent talent and have hung on to them, and are competitive, came within a game of the conference finals a couple season.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I went with the Bucs. No winning seasons since 1992, since Bonds left, despite that gorgeous ballpark.

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Well said sir. Well said. Been there many a time!

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

So this list has become as much of a clusterfuck as the fantasy football league? Wow, what a shock.

Nothing personal, PhilaYanks, but give up the ghost.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What happened now? Did he re-set the voting?

12. MilanWall

MilanWall Member

The hell? I wanted to vote Atlanta Hawks, but not if they're tied to the Thrashers. They were the only team in the city to freaking make the playoffs last year/this year.

Draft saved Draft deleted