1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biggest freeloader of all time--Gayle King is back

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SnoopyBoy, Jan 11, 2011.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Much to my dismay, Oprah's beard didn't get a show of his own: "How to Pretend Being Oprah's Boyfriend Without Really trying." That will make Robert Morse happy.

2. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

The way people today are so stupid about anything that might have happened and been special before they were born -- especially if it was something recorded in black&white -- I figure that using "Harpo" might have led some folks to look up and learn about Harpo Marx more than I figure it usurped him.

I'd bet Zeppo would like to be remembered thusly. If someone named Oppez ever makes it big.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Seems we've seen a whole lot less of Ahmad Rashad on TV since MJ retired. Coincidence?

4. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

He was on the sideline of the BCS title game. Didn't know he went to Oregon. That's the first I had seen him in years. Thankfully.

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Is that true? How many channels does Disney need to show "Hannah Montana Forever," a title that sounds like a threat?

6. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

And don't forget the show where they have to clean up people's houses because the owners haven't thrown anything away since the Reagan Administration.

Not that I've seen it or anything.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

8. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I give Charlie Rose a year, tops on this. Maybe even six months.

I highly doubt he's...wired for that kind of schedule, much less tag-teaming with Oprah's shadow.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

If he lasts 6 months it would probably qualify as the longest tenure in Early Show history.

The level of incompetence behind the scenes there is absolutely staggering. This version promises to be particularly disastrous.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Gayle King? Kato Kaelin wasn't available?

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The fire department recommends changing batteries in your smoke detector when we spring forward or fall back and for CBS to change their morning show.
    I do think there is an opening for a non-stupid morning show without costumes, theme weeks, trips, weddings, concerts, recipes, fashion and celebrity interviews. Who knows - it may work.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I believe that was the most recent "Early Show" format. Near as I could tell they stuck with it for maybe a week.

Draft saved Draft deleted