1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biggest football player ever?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 29, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I've heard of a few high school players over 400. A school near Washington D.C. had two of them in the late '80s.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

The ex-Lion tipped the scales at 6-6, 386 coming out of college.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

Had him in JUCO here.....he was 6-9, 370-something when he left here.
    He has a sister playing basketball here.......she's 6'3.

I know Wisconsin had to make special helmets for Gibson.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

We had a nose guard at Tulane in the early 80s, Jerry Baker, who was 6-1, about 340. His nickname was "Black," because he blotted out the sun.

Oh, and he could dunk.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Girl that plays basketball in this JUCO Conference.

I shit thee not.

She's 6-foot-fucking-9.

She averaged 5 points, 9 rebounds, 1 assist, and innumerous "Jesus, Mary and Joseph.....look at the size of this fucking girl!" per game last year.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Covered a guy in Vermont who was 6-5, 4-something. His head was so big they had to have it specially made. Great kid, though.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's too bad she doesn't have a lick of talent. A free education would have been awfully nice.

8. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Grambling had an offensive linemen a few years back who was listed as 6-9, 400 pounds, but I don't know if that was legit.

LSU's Herman Johnson was listed at a biscuit under 400 pounds when he signed with LSU and has since "slimmed" down to 356.

I also once covered a high school basketball player who weighed 400 pounds. He was 6-10 and a monster of a man. I say "covered" because the game I went to got postponed because he dunked in pregame and shattered the backboard. I don't think he ever did anything past high school though, he was extremely slow.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

That's the Lions guy I was trying to think of.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ryan Sonner

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Mark Mangino scoffs at this thread.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Lincoln Kennedy weighed in at well over 400 -- 415, I think -- at a minicamp, but I believe he had slimmed down to 385 or 390 by the time camp opened.

Draft saved Draft deleted