1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biggest disappointment of the NHL season so far

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Nov 23, 2007.

?

Which NHL team has been the biggest disappointment of the 2007-08 season

1. Pittsburgh Penguins

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Calgary Flames

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Los Angeles Kings

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Washington Capitals

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  5. Anaheim Ducks

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I thought the Kings might be a seven or eight seed in the West, with all the young talent they had.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I wanted to vote for the Penguins, but the Ducks are the defending Cup champions.

I was expecting them to be playing a lot better at this point. Season ends today, they're not in the playoffs.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I don't think the Ducks are playing bad hockey. I think they're really trying to find their way, find out who they are, without Scott Niedermayer and Teemu Selanne.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I personally really liked the Kings heading into the season. I liked the young talent, I liked the goaltending with Labarbera, and I liked a lot of their off season moves. I thought they were going to be more of a player in their division this year instead of sitting in last.

5. Opening Night?
    (I keed, I keed!)

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Pens.
    I, not being a total hockey expert like some of you here, don't get why the constant goalie changes.
    Fleury has a moderately bad one, Sabourin is in.
    Sabourin does the same? Lather, rinse, repeat.
    I realize you are trying to win games, but don't you just sometimes let them work things out?

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

From what I've seen of the Pens, Fleury has been fighting the puck and not technically sound all season long. If I were Michel Therrien, I'd name Sabourin as the No. 1 and get some help for Fleury. And quick.

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Fleury has been a rebound machine and as long as he doesn't start controlling the rebounds, he's not going to be consistent.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I've always thought of Fleury as a rebound machine. I also think that he still might be shell-shocked following the Senators series.

10. EE94

EE94 Guest

biggest disappointment is the return of The Trap

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It never left. In fact, it's easier than ever to trap. Instead of clutching and grabbing through the neutral zone, just line up four players along the blueline and make teams try and get the puck in.

12. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Because I'm the online editor who just happened to have his phone number and wrote that while pushing myself from the Thanksgiving table with my family on my day off.

Next question.

Draft saved Draft deleted