1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Whiskey and The GrooGrux King

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

LeRoi does a solo version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" that I have heard is unbelievable.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Bought this before my last football trip and have been listening to it pretty regularly ... and yes, I agree, big sound. Best sounding record they've put out since Crowded Streets.

3. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

Unbelievable record. By far the band's best album since Before These Crowded Streets.

Stand Up is a very underrated disc, though. That record kicks ass too.

4. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

If you guys get a chance, check out the video for "You & Me." Yeah, I know, I was surprised bands still made videos, too.

Anyway, it's a great song that sounds like a love song, right? DMB puts a different spin and it's one of the better videos I've seen in a while. This video is a classic example of a group of musicians who have made it and still "get it" when it comes to their relationship with their fans.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/videos/--218591657

Draft saved Draft deleted