1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big trouble for anonymous Internet haters/liars/thugs!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John D. Villarreal, Jun 16, 2007.

?

What should happen to the defendants in this case if found guilty?

1. unmask the liars & make them pay $!

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Pay $ only but keep boards anonymous

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Kick them off the boards & public retraction

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Too bad for the plaintiff the Internet is the "Wild West"

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cadet

Cadet Guest

IIRC, markvid wasn't even a moderator at the time that thread was killed.

A blog is not the same as print, and being made fun of is not the same as being covered.

2. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Uhh, that "guy" was likely a hater from here (isn't that pretty obvious). Gee isn't it AMAZING that someone from the PL community (who doesn't know the dif between PL & WL) just happened to find that blog ASAP & just happened to know someone who "knew me" & had this whole analysis of me, my squats, etc. I mean I know JDV is quasi-famous & all, but not even my biggest fan would dream a story like that up - lol!

Man, how gullible are you guys? I guess some skeptical SJ's are willing to believe anything no matter how dumb as long as it's negative about JDV.

Moreover, what exactly is an "illegal" squat?? Do the cops arrest you at the gym - lol? That is THE dumbest thing I have ever heard.

If what you (err...I mean that poster) meant was my squats don't get passed in competition, well that is even funnier as I have only bombed out of one meet (way back in like 1992) in over two decades (most of my weight class did as well)!!

The correct call is JDV is the king of clutch & technique!

I just win ;)

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I know who whacked JDV's Sopranos video.

It was the gunman on the grassy knoll, cold-hearted son-of-bitch that he is.

4. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Cadet, that is way too logical for JDV right now. He can't handle that.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

And is there any wonder why people want to pile on? Tact is not a word you know.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Mr. vid was made a moderator earlier this week, so JDV's full of it again.

And a blog is not the newspaper, and you haven't been IN the New York Times. That's the newspaper, which last I checked did not contain BLOGS!

And she was making fun of you, you unaware (word deleted).

7. John D. Villarreal

Well, that is good to know MV. In any event, it applies to whoever killed it.

Let's just keep things on the level and lay off the trash & we can all have more fun and post about the things we like in peace and ignore the stuff we don't like or care about - easy. Again, it is so amusing to me that those that claim to ignore me, or not like me, or that I don't have talent, etc. flood my threads with views and posts, but then that's obvious.

NYT is NYT. It is a NYT writer/editor and a NYT site. Thus, it is NYT with the full NYT brand behind it. That is like saying ESPN Page 2 articles or ESPN.com articles aren't ESPN. I think JH, Scoop, Stark, Bill Simmons, etc. would take exception to that.

John

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

And she was still making fun of your idiocy. Can you not see that?

9. markvid

markvid Guest

Nope, I strongly disagree with that.
    They would say they are ESPN.COM writers, not ESPN writers.

And it was a blog on NYT.com. not a story that was in print that got copied to the web site.
    You are not changing my mind (nor, I suspect, many others here).

And I'll tell you now, John, I was always willing to be civil, but hard to when you play that game like ending your posts with 3rd person JDV always wins.

Try a little humility, it works.

10. John D. Villarreal

Yawn, I don't talk to rabid cats (although I do have a soft spot for the Codas & their zany humor)

MV, alright we disagree I am fine with that. In any event, I sincerely believe it is a distinction without a difference especially in this day & age

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Only in reverse...oh, wait.

12. John D. Villarreal

Hey be nice Webby. How would you like if if I cut a video on SJ and brought 100's or 1000's of JDV clones here to SJ.

Actually, I guess that would be really good for your site. Well, like I said I will do at least one SJ vid. Likely when I get back from my biz trip. The point is I know many "very" regular posters here that may not be too pleased to be drowned out & outvoted real quick.

Then again, that is diversity, capitalism, and the will of the people.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.