1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big trouble for anonymous Internet haters/liars/thugs!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John D. Villarreal, Jun 16, 2007.

?

What should happen to the defendants in this case if found guilty?

1. unmask the liars & make them pay $!

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Pay $ only but keep boards anonymous

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Kick them off the boards & public retraction

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Too bad for the plaintiff the Internet is the "Wild West"

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

See JDV, even Webby is not your friend. Why are you even on this board? In what way are you a sports journalist?

2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

PS - Your parents' basement looks very nice.

3. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

By stupid-ass, I actually meant fantastically entertaining.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Just because you laugh does not mean it's fantastically entertaining, Webby. :)

5. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

And by fantastically entertaining, I actually meant they are ridiculous pieces of shit that no person should waste their time watching.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Lipstick on the wall.

7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

His mom's.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You should of resisted that.

9. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Oh gosh, how many readers is she going to get if she says "this is the greatest vid ever"? Controversy sells. Bottom line she knew I was having fun in my vid and took the same tact from a dif angle. Great! It gives the whole bit more heat!

Besides, I am pretty certain I know exactly who referred her to me & I am like 100% cool with that guy. In fact, we have talked about collaborating together.

Anyway, even if she was ripping me do you think I care? It's the NYT!! I am really pumped to have been covered & it all works to my advantage.

Now I have been covered in the LA Times & NYT how many people can say that?

Entertainment is like wrestling (like talk radio, like TV, etc) heat is heat ("face" heat or "heel" heat). I have got & generate heat - period.

Look at Rosie O'Donnell right now she has tons of heel heat, but I am sure that will turn to her great benefit as people want to see what she will do next. No question she gets some big new contract. I don't agree with her, but I say good for her!

Anyway, it was fun & very flattering. My skin is not so thin that I don't see the bigger picture.

In my first response I gave her more of what she wanted to "extend the play". The second comment I kept almost totally straight.

My family, colleagues, and clients are pumped as am I

John

10. John D. Villarreal

Thank you!

11. John D. Villarreal

Absolutely, and I complied perfectly. My last one (first featuring the Sopranos that the NYT covered) got "mysteriously" deleted. I think its pretty clear who did it. That was my point Webby & yes it was meant for MV, not you.

JDV

12. markvid

markvid Guest

JDV, one thing you need to get straight - you still haven't been IN the NYT.
    A blog is not the same as being in print.

And for the record, I had no idea you even posted something on here about the Sopranos.
    Wasn't me who killed it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.