1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Ten Network II: The Comcast Empire Strikes Back

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bob Cook, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I was zipping through the channels last night and stumbled upon a Comcast public-access "show" that was a Comcast guy interviewing two other Comcast guys about how the Big Ten Network is made up of fucksticks. Well, they didn't use that word, but they were breaking down exactly why the Big Ten Network was being so unreasonable ($2 per household carriage fee, second only to ESPN's $3! And way more than the unreasonable NFL Network!), including quotes from a Wisconsin professor and other "experts" on Comcast's side. Has anybody else seen these?

It struck me as a particularly odd moment in the whole Big Ten Network battle. I suspect I won't be seeing it on my cable system anytime soon?

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Our Alumni Association President sent us an e-mail last week letting us know how much this extra revenue would help the fine young men and women who compete on Penn State's teams. Please. It'll help line Spanier's pockets. Nothing more.

Draft saved Draft deleted