1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big show tonight (20/2/08) .....total eclipse of the moon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Really? Did not know that. I guess I learned somethign new at 1600 hours today.

However, last I checked, this isn't the military--no marching, lots of unshined shoes, and no saluting required (unless of course Lucas is around....)

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

My part of Texas is 80 degrees and sunny, so I figure I'll get to see it.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Anyone up for some serious looting?

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

Bastard.

5. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

It's clear here, and we've got a perfect view.

Only problem — it's 4 degrees outside right now. It will be below zero when the total eclipse occurs.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Pretty awesome display, especially after I looked at it through my roommates camera (600 millimeter lens attached). Very orange, and somewhat bloody looking. Kind of reminded me of a smaller version of a harvest moon.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Fucking overcast all night. Missed it, but I saw one last year that was similar.

I can't wait till 2017 when a total solar eclipse is supposed to go right over some land I own. If SJ is still up, we can have a big-ass eclipse party.

8. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Any Mr. Show fans out there?

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Bright clear sky last night. Saw the whole thing (checked every fifteen minutes or so off our front porch).

Amazing stuff.

10. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Cloudy here last night as well. I have seen a few of them in my day and they never cease to amaze me.

11. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Simply fabulous after a couple of early minutes of clouds. Worth every second.

Draft saved Draft deleted