1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Rapids needs an SE...

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by steveu, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Buck Hill

Buck Hill New Member

Update: Guy named Zeke Jennings took this job. He's paid his dues with two or three years as the main part-timer at the Citizen Patriot, a Booth paper in Jackson. Hard worker from what I'm told. Big Rapids should like him, and it's a great opportunity for him.

2. Mr. Homer

Mr. Homer Member

It's not that bad. Ferris is kinda like Michigan and Grand Valley State is like Ohio State, so you should be OK with it.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

"it's not that bad." what a great stamp for a seal of approval.

4. Mr. Homer

Mr. Homer Member

Not a seal of anything, I was simply suggesting it is not as bad as Mr. We-got-no-coach-yet has made it out to be.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I'll agree with you on the area, but the owners of the paper leave a lot to be desired.

This is the same ownership group that had to pay back overtime because they required employees to work more than 40 hours, even though they were salaried.

That didn't happen at this paper, but another one they own.

At another paper they own, they went through three publishers and two editors within a year because they weren't yes men to the owner.

6. Mr. Homer

Mr. Homer Member

I was just speaking in terms of the area, which is not too bad. GR is an hour south and there are plenty of things to do north and to the east.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

in my experience, "not too bad" means that it sucks donkey balls.

Draft saved Draft deleted