1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

big news for comic book fans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Buck, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

http://www.theonion.com/articles/marvel-reimagines-green-goblin-as-lefthanded,36507/

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I was half-expecting them to turn Batman into a lactating hermaphrodite.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And here I thought this was about the leaked post-credits scene from Guardians of the Galaxy, which I'm sure will make some fans laugh while others whine and complain.

4. Am I the only one who thinks Willem Defoe as the Green Goblin in the first Spiderman movie and Amy Madigan from Field of Dreams are the same person?

Has anyone ever seen them in the same room?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Step outside, you Nazi cow.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That Goblin was terrible, but overall I liked that movie.
    Much better than the recent remake.

But that Goblin was awful.

7. [​IMG]

Had you not been so selfish, your little girlfriend's death would have been quick and painless, but now that you've really pissed me off, I'm gonna finish her nice and slow. You Nazi cow!

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The problem with that Goblin is that Dafoe was perfectly cast - he looked and sounded exactly like you imagined the Goblin should, only he was a little less green - and then they hid him behind that terrible helmet.

I have to say, that first Spider Man movie does not hold up very well. I enjoyed the hell out of it, but in hindsight, some of it really is awful (the crumbling balcony looked totally fake, the New Yorkers standing up for Spider Man was some serious post-9/11 schmaltz and, as mentioned, the Goblin costume was terrible).

Draft saved Draft deleted