1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big News: Carroll's interest "peaked"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GBNF, Jan 9, 2008.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And besides, what's the matter with the clothes I'm wearing?

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The Falcons are so retarded I'm surprised they haven't called Charlie Weiss. For a weekend pass to the Golden Corral, you can have Charlie, cheap.

3. No they didn't. Bobby Grier gutted the team, they pulled an all-time blunder when they let Curtis Martin go. They did about what they should have done.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Carroll was a clown. He lost the team, especially his last year there after they started 6-2. Grier certainly sucked as a personnel guy, but Carroll was at fault, too.

5. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Carroll would be craaaaaaaaaazy to leave USC for Atlanta. He's got a great thing going there. Why leave an elite college program with a lot of history to take over a lousy NFL team? He's got a shot at winning another national title with USC in the next year or two...if he's lucky, the Falcons will be .500 by 2010.

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I love the Billy Joel jack and the fact that it's going over some people's heads.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, welcome back to the age of jive.

8. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

maybe his interest has peaked, but now is declining... just maybe

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If Saban and Spurrier can't win in the NFL, there's no way in hell Pete Carroll will be successful...

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Maybe Pete looks at USC and Atlanta like this: The good ol' days weren't always good and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I imagine he'd find living up to Rich McKay's legacy a lot less taxing than living up to John McKay's legacy.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Not if he went to Tampa!

Draft saved Draft deleted