1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Money in Journalism

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by YankeeFan, Oct 5, 2010.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

2. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

OK! Magazine has what to do with journalism?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Like any other field, the top 1 percent always does well.

Unfortunately, most of us fall into the remaining 99 percent.

4. YankeeFan

Or Page Six. But, even if it's not a million dollars, I thought the Ron Fornier bit was interesting. If you read the link from the article I posted, you'll see that the National Journal has gone on a real hiring spree.

My headline: Pay Gap Between Highest & Lowest Paid Journalists has Never been Greater!

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Reminds me of trying to explain why the actor's union was on strike. After all, Tom Cruise makes millions, right?

6. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

I thought this was a thread about a newsroom going in together on lottery tickets and winning.

7. Indeed.

8. This isn't so much an indictment of the people atop the celebrity rag industry as it is the people who purchase enough of these things to make these salaries possible.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They make a product people want to read. Newspaper editors could learn a lot from them.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Add to the list...Kurtz?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/05/howard-kurtz-daily-beast_n_751179.html

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Either that or those REALLY BIG CHECKS that everyone stands behind for check-passing shots.

12. YankeeFan

Looks like Richard Johnson was able to turn his offer into a raise/promotion with the Post's parent company.

Draft saved Draft deleted