1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Mess In Hartford

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Kevlar, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I don't believe so. I've bailed a buddy or two out of jail almost immediately after they were processed. Took an hour or so to get the cash together, but that was the only problem.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I bet there's some great stuff yet to come on this story. One of my friends is an editor at the Courant and I can't wait to speak with her about this.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Remember in the Michael Keaton/Jack Nicholson Batman when Joker screwed with all the cosmetics and anybody that used them died with a ridiculous smile on their face?

4. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Directions? With her?

Pub/GM: "Move a little that way. Turn there ... no, no, no, slow down! You're going too fast."

Employee: "Do you want to do this? Because, like, I'm getting soooo tired of, like, you telling me how do drive."

5. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I quibble with the initial post. I bet she's pretty darned experienced in "public relations."

6. Kevlar

Kevlar Member

Here's the story the Courant went with on Friday.

http://www.courant.com/community/news/fv/hc-dui-arrest-folo-0424.artapr25,0,1947920.story

Keep in mind that Zell has promoted this guy waaay up the ladder. He oversees 2 stations in Hartford, one in Philly and one in D.C., I believe. Then he added Courant publisher.

In related Trib news: The company has petitioned its Deleware bankruptcy court for permission to give bonuses to its managers.

7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Does sperm-gurgling help reduce the BAC???

8. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

SoCalDude endeth the thread! BA-ZING!!!

RB

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I was going to say "29 with a job like that... someone must be boinking her the right way", but SoCalDude's post says it all.

10. accguy

accguy Member

Can't believe no one has commented that they'd hit that.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Off the record?

12. Baltimoreguy

Baltimoreguy Member

I think you mean "pubic relations"

Draft saved Draft deleted