1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Football Hits

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by editorhoo, Sep 23, 2008.

1. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Reggie Bush gets knocked tha fuck out!

2. Colton

Colton Active Member

Dick Butkus was The Man. Love to hear his contemporaries tell stories about him.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Take that, Eric Hipple!!!

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Jack Tatum + Sammy White + Pass over the middle = Night-night.

My all-time favorite is one I can't find video for, but Steelers and Lions fans might remember well. 1995 season opener, Lions at Steelers, Steelers QB Mike Tomczak starts scrambling like a chicken with his head cut off. He runs toward the line, stops abruptly, turns and runs back about 5 yards, turns back toward the line of scrimmage and cocks his arm to pass -- right as Lions LB Tracy Scroggins, with a 5-yard head of steam, plants his shoulder between the 1 and the 8.
    Tomczak is stopped dead in his tracks. Bruised sternum and ribs. The slo-mo replay was just devastating. Tomczak looks like he lost control of all bodily functions. His arms just start flailing around and his entire body quivered like a bowl of jello. It was awesome.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

LT was an awesome pass rusher, but against the run, #51 was as good as it got.

6. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I thought this was a thread about a band called Big Football.

Anyway, I haven't looked though the links, but one of the best hits I've ever seen was a little Michigan defensive back (I wanna say Demetrius Taylor) absolutely destroying a gigantic Penn State tight end along the sideline. The hit forced the Michigan player to end his career.

7. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I was in the end zone behind the Saints offense, nearest to that hit. I just about started crying in my beer. I could see the beginnings of an awful night starting there.

8. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

You're talking about this hit:

That's Dadrian Taylor laying the lumber to some Penn State tight end. If I remember correctly, both players were knocked unconscious, and like you said, Taylor never returned to football.

9. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I don't hate Reggie as much as most people, but I have to admit him crawling on all fours like a dog after the hit was pretty funny.

10. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Decleated.

11. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Jimmy Johns getting knocked out:
    (NSFW for words on screen, disturbing images of "Croom", loud Limp Bizkit or however you spell that)

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

The cameraman just ignored the live, bouncing ball.

Draft saved Draft deleted