1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Football Hits

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by editorhoo, Sep 23, 2008.

1. editorhoo

editorhoo Member

Wanted to start a topic on big football hits. Post your favorite from YouTube. Here's mine:

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

How about stiff arms?

3. editorhoo

editorhoo Member

Those work, too. That was sick.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Not a highlight of strictly lights-out hits, but worthy nevertheless:

Yeah ... I'm a little biased.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I like this one the best...

6. joe

joe Active Member

I have no idea if it's on YouTube, but the hit that Ohio State LB -- the white guy who was a stud as a sophomore but kind of a dud later -- put on Mizzou's Corby Jones was one of the best I've ever seen. The whole MU stadium went "Oooh" when play happened. And that, effectively, was the end of the game.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Here ya go, Joe

8. joe

joe Active Member

Yep, Pally, that's the one. Mizzou was actually into the game until that hit. After, the Tiggers was all done up. Still one of the best college hits I've ever seen. Dude fucking planted poor Corby.

9. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I'm a little biased because I watched this kid grow up.

10. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I can't believe there is nothing on YouTube or Google from Chuck Cecil. Otherwise I'd have been happy to contribute...

11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I remember watching this play as a kid. Semi-Giants fan at the time. Probably the hardest hit I've seen in an NFL game.

12. those all are fine nominees, but this definitely is top 5, if not top 3, only because it was a qb who delivered it.

Draft saved Draft deleted