1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big East football road trips

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wvsportswriter, Jun 13, 2007.

1. If this is the wrong thread for my request, I apologize. I'm trying to plan some of my Big East football road trips for the upcoming season, and I will be visiting some places for the first time. Can anyone refer me to hotels for the following schools: Maryland, Syracuse, Rutgers and Cincinnati? The closer to the stadium, the better. Ditto with easy-to-get-to-and-from routes from hotel to stadium. Thanks in advance. I appreciate it.

While I'm at it, I might as well ask about the best place to stay for the Heisman Trophy ceremony because there's a good chance I'll be there.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Kingsgate Marriott in Cincinnati. Four minutes from the stadium, great place, nice restaurants, etc. Plus, it has a shuttle that runs to Nippert and back after the game. Walking time to the stadium from the hotel? Ah, 10 minutes. Tops.

3. Killick

... though I'd hold off on the Heisman reservations, wv.

4. Oh, I definitely will hold off on the Heisman reservations. But I would like to have an idea just in case. I mean, I would say Slaton or White (or both) will end up at the ceremony. I would be surprised if at least one of them isn't.

5. Killick

Make those Cincy reservations early, too. UC's team stays there the night before. Factor in the fans (both UC and WVU) and I'd think about making those reservations this week or as soon as possible.

6. lollygagger

lollygagger Member

I second Killick's recommend on the Kingsgate Marriott. Can't beat the location, right around the corner from the UC campus. The next-best options would be the downtown hotels which are about 3 miles away, but navigating up the hill to Clifton (the campus neighborhood) can be tricky for the uninitiated.
    And yes, reserve early. Not many UC fans make an overnight trip of it, but WVU fans will find the place.

7. Hockeyscribe

Hockeyscribe Member

If the Mariott isn't available in Cincy, try the Vernon Manor. It's not too far from the Mariott.

If those are unavailable, any downtown hotel is about 10 minutes from the UC campus. Vine Street runs directly from downtown past the campus. And there won't be much traffic heading from downtown to the stadium.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

Cincinnati: 2nd the Kingsgate Marriott, be careful when exiting that neighborhood, though
    Syracuse...Sheraton on University Avenue, a drunken stagger out the door to about 20 places to eat and the Dome is a 10-minute walk.
    Rutgers, one exit south is the choice of a Marriott, Doubletree and Holiday Inn. From there, about a 10-minute drive to the stadium.
    Never been to Maryland, sorry.

9. Keystone

Keystone Member

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn while covering the NHRA at Englishtown the past four years. Always a nice stay. The Marriott is down the street and has a good restaurant.

10. Thanks for all of the advice so far. I appreciate it. Keep it coming regarding Maryland and Rutgers.

I already made reservations at the Kingsgate in Cincinnati and the Sheraton in Syracuse. Two down, two to go.

11. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

exactly.

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

It's nice that a Mountaineer paper will go to NYC to cover Ray Rice and Brian Brohm.

Draft saved Draft deleted