1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big East: Can the non-football schools survive?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Mar 16, 2008.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

That alignment is probably unconstitutional. You just put the 8 Catholic schools in their own division. Religious discrimination.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I know spnited, I was just hoping that someone would notice it. :D

Strange as it sounds, it's an alignment that's been suggested before. But no, I don't think it would ever happen.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

There have been various realignments proposed in the past and the Big East did go to two divisions in hoops for a couple of years, but someone always has a gripe about the scheduling.

And believe me, the non-football Catholic schools do feel as if they're being bullied by the football schools.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

OK, BYH, I won't point out there should be a comma between walk on home and boy.

5. Dr. J

Dr. J Member

i might be wrong, but I think nova is exploring the idea of moving up to D1 for football.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I was just so pissed at you that the words tumbled out.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

My new avatar would like a word with you. Just five minutes alone.

8. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Why does this topic seem to come up every six weeks?

If the non-football schools feel bullied, fine, walk. Let's see where they end up. I'm sure St. John's will LOVE playing A-10 basketball.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Luddite

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yup, that's the way to go.
    Let's take the schools that created the conference, made it a basketball power in the 80s, reaped millions of dollars for eveybody involve and throw them all out because now we want to just be about BCS football.

Moron!

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

So is Georgetown- funny just as 'cuse got out of football

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

I believe Nova and UConn were given a wndow by the Big East to upgrade a while back. UConn made the move, Nova considered it and decided against it.
    Don't know if Nova's considering it again.

Draft saved Draft deleted