1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Doings in Iraq Today

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Bush showed up there by surprise. Some sort of big deal is supposed to be happening tonight. Reporters have been told to be ready for something. Perhaps Obama shows up again? Something else?

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

The Moron in Chief announces "Mission accomplished."
    Oh, wait, that was 5 years ago. Nevermind.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

A journalist from an Iraqi TV station (based in Cairo) stood up and threw his shoes at Bush during a press conference. Prez had some nice reflexes and ducked out of the way of both of them.

Thankfully the guy only had shoes. It was a bit scary to watch when I didn't know what the guy was doing. The CBS anchor says, "President Bush's press conference took a scary turn today ..." and then you see the guy jump up.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Actually throwing shoes at someone is a pretty big deal in Islamic culture. I remember people taking their shoes off after Saddam went down and rubbing them all over images of him around Baghdad. Big time sign of disrespect.
    I think the big news is the signing of an agreement that will calls for all troops home by 2011.

Draft saved Draft deleted