1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Dog on Berkeley

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pallister

pallister Guest

The military is the largest and most successful government social program. Some people tend to forget that.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

We are all lucky that Colin Powell - a poor kid from the Bronx decided to sign up.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I don't think that's the NIAFL's BigDog.

4. Boom_70

I don't think it is either and certainly never implied that it was. Just came across and thought it was interesting blog.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

sportschick, they really do sell that soap. My sister met a guy at Burning Man who worked for that soapmaker.

6. Boom_70

jr you are like a crack whore and I am your dealer. You know these threads are bad for your health yet you just can't stay away.

jr jr the Marine Corps czar

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Well you titled the thread as if the "Big Dog" was someone we should be familiar with, instead of just another anonymous schmuck with a blog.

8. Boom_70

What else was I suppose to title it? It is the name of the guys blog.

9. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Blog douche on Berkeley.

10. Boom_70

I thought you already had the copyright on that one Frank

11. I'd like to point out that actual historians have researched it and the "spitting on returning veterans" thing is an urban myth.
    Why Boom is playing with this Berkeley story like a dog with a new chew-toy is beyond my ken, however.

12. SigR

SigR Member

You make a good point. Except, of course, that the draft is forced slavery. I'd rather America crumble to ash and rubble than see a draft in my lifetime. Forcing your neighbor to fight a war for you is about as anti-American as it gets. Especially for political wars like Korea and Vietnam. And yes, even for WW2. Though I think there was proably a moral obligation to volunteer in WW2, or at least be on the cusp of it. WW2 is why men ought to go to war. But still not at the cost of enslaving them. It isn't worth it. Never. Ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.