1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Dog on Berkeley

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Bullshit.

My brother joined the Marines last year ... because he's always wanted to be a Marine. Not for politics, not for defense, not for war, not for intimidation. Because he wanted to be a Marine.

I can respect that.

... And hope to god that the idiots in Washington who DON'T wear uniforms have a little more respect for him and his fellow Marines, too.

The thing is, soldiers don't make those decisions. Political leaders do.

If you want to "not have respect" for somebody, then direct it to Washington. Because holding it against the people in the military is fucking weak.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

4. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Wow, there's a fake cursive signature ("Big Dog") at the bottom of the post. Should be a paw print.

5. SigR, the 70s called, they need someone to throw things at the soldiers coming back from Vietnam ...

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Great post, Buck, although I was expecting at least one emoticon.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You have been Fenian-like on fire with your pictures lately. Fantastic.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Great, now I have that damn "Incense and Peppermints" song stuck in my head, LJB. Damn Strawberry Alarm Clock.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Groovy!

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hey twig I figured you would be down at the gates of Fort Bragg today spitting on returning warriors.

You mentioned kids from the poor neighborhoods- at least they are not trying to ban the military.

Have you by any chance looked at the overall profile of our current military.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

SigR, how old are you?

You seem to be under the impression that if no one signs up for military service, all military operations will be cancelled due to lack of personnel.

You are aware, I hope, that if there is a shortage of recruits, the government will still send troops into war....except they'll be draftees, not volunteers.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Twig and fenian are going to imtimidate them into not signing up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.