1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Dog on Berkeley

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Interesting thoughts on Big Dogs blog:

http://www.onebigdog.net/boycott-berkeley/

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Re: Big Dog on Berkley

Has this been run into the ground yet?

Oh, that's right ... it has already.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If any country declares war on the U.S., it should invade Berkeley and use it as a foothold into the country. There won't be any military presence there!

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

And we're headlong into the rush to get another good thread locked.

Seriously, people ... grow up or shut up. At the very least, please take it somewhere else

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Unless that's Glenn Robinson or Antoine Carr's blog, I have no idea who Big Dog is. Why should his opinion mean jack shit to me?

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Big Dog is one of the NIAFL's old guard. He gets his jollies by belittling the accomplishments of small children.

7. Re: Big Dog on Berkley

... and licking buttholes.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

I'm OK with that.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

That blog is great.

The "about" page reads like someone making fun of conservatives. And that Berkeley entry was like a "guest column" written in the Onion.

Very "American Dad." I'll be returning to the hilarity of it.

Thanks, Boom!

From the About page:

"I can not stand liberalism and feel it is a disease that eats away, like a cancer, at the fabric of our society. I also believe that if this country does not stop pandering to special interest groups and does not stop taking away the rights guaranteed under our Constitution, and if they do not stop creating a welfare class of dependent people, there will be another civil war. It will start as an uprising to take the government over from the politicians who have lost all touch with the core values of this country. Then anarchy will set in followed by civil war.

So it is up to us to eradicate liberalism so we can prevent the next civil war."

Awesome. Satire at its finest.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Boom, it's "Berkeley."

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Two mistakes in your first two words, Boom.

There is absolutely nothing "interesting" in this silly little blog and not a thing that even approximates "thought".

12. SigR

SigR Member

If anyone invaded Berkeley, I'd think it'd be more than just marines trying to protect it. And that's the whole point of the protest against these marine recruiters: they are recruiting warriors for fictitious wars. They are telling lies and ruining young persons lives with those lies. Our military's main function is not national defense anymore. And it hasn't been for a long time. As long as we continue to wage wars like Iraq, I'd love to see more cities stand up to the henchman who think they have a right to come to any town in America and spew their propaganda.

Who protects you from the people who are supposed to be protecting you? You think half those kids they pull out of poor neighborhoods and send to iraq even give a crap about protecting America. You think most of them are educated enough to even know what America means? They go because they have nowhere else to go, or because they are "supposed" to, or because they want respect, or adventure, or money. Do you think most of those guys care for shit about this country? Or have any sense of patriotism except that which comes from slapping an american flag magnet on the back of a minivan/pickup.

Anyone who joins the military at this stage in the game, after having seen how president after president have abused its role, does not deserve respect. A military's only purpose is national defense. Not national aggression. Not national intimidation. Not national occupation. Not national oil/energy interests. Not national geopolitical interest. Just defense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.