1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Departure at the Startlegram

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Thirsty And Vacant, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Jim Reeves, longtime Star-Telegram columnist, says "Happy Trails."

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/1727026.html

2. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Written by CBS SportsLine (formerly) alum Ray Buck.

3. Revo will be missed. He's an institution in Texas sports.

4. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

I got to work alongside Revo for a number of years, and I can vouch for anything good or great anyone says about him. A truly dedicated journalist, one of the best baseball beat men in MLB history, a wonderful columnist with a huge heart and a word crafter's knack, and one of the best guys you'll ever meet in this industry.

All the best to you, Revo!

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

All my good wishes to a man I was very lucky to share some press boxes with.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Wow. The columnists alone made the Star-Telegram worth reading. That's a big loss. But I guess 40 years is long enough. Maybe he'll still scratch out a few in his retirement.

ADD: He's only 63? Criminy, he's got lots of writing left in him.

7. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

It's a "hard" 63. Revo's bad ticker has been in the delay game against the Grim Reaper for the last 10 years or so. A great loss for sports writing but Revo's one of the best men ever. Maybe now he can chillax and not have to deal with all the S-T bullshit.

Draft saved Draft deleted