1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Brother 8 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by budcrew08, Jul 5, 2007.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Dammit. I caught the opener tonight so now I'm all-in.

I like the "America's Player" thing. The guy who got it seems likeable and unoffensive, so he should be around a while. And to get $10K per five tasks accomplished, that's pretty solid motivation.

The ex-boyfriends are already annoying, that's my one beef so far.

2. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

I wish this alleged "reality" TV crap would just go away.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I wish you'd sit down at a card table without excuses, but that ain't happenin either.

4. Big Game

Big Game Member

Anyone watching the "live feed" on Showtime2?

"America's Player," Eric, is hilariously annoying. He reminds me of Jason Biggs' character on "American Pie." He a dork who's trying so hard to fit in with the "cool kids." I actually don't know if he's gonna stick around a long time because he just yammers on and on and on and on ...........

5. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

I've got this on in the background as I'm working on some stuff on the computer... it's just background noise, really... not paying attention (unless they go to a shot of a hot chick in a bikini, which seems to be often!)

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

"America's Player" looks like the offspring if BB7's James and Adam Sandler had a baby.

7. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Finally, America gets a say on this show. I hope Eric does well.

I hate those enemies on the show. Dustin and Jessica are really annoying and the "father" is just freaky weird. I only hope they eliminated quickly. What a crappy twist though...

Who do you think will be nominated first?

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I love BB, but based on the first episode I think I'm going to have trouble finding people to actually like this year. Pretty much everyone has come off as a fucktard so far.

When they adverstised the after dark thing, my fiancee looks at me and says, "So does this mean we're going to have to get Showtime now?'

Um, maybe. Then again, I feel guilty enough just watching this show. Paying for it might be too deep a level of shame.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What happened to getting a cross-section of America on this show? One African-American, only one over 40 and only other over 35. It looks like everybody else was selected based on the chance they'll sleep with somebody else on the show.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Of course, Inky. Big Brother is a failure if they don't get a hookup. I just hope this year's isn't the two ex-boyfriends getting back together.

11. GoZags!!

GoZags!! Member

They are already annoying.
    Agree that this twist isn't very good -- but am looking forwad to the America's Player. I hope he isn't so annoying they boot him.

12. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I first started watching the show, I thought Eric would be the first one voted out. Knowing that he's "America's Player," I'm not so sure now. I would be funny if it happened tho. I don't know who will be the first one out - maybe the guy with the cheshire-cat grin, the one who looks like Mr. Peepers on 'roids.

Draft saved Draft deleted