1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Brother 2013

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, May 25, 2013.

1. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

McCrae played things extremely stupidly. If, as he said on the show, Elissa is not the real target, why use the veto on Candice, put Elissa on the block, and tell everybody she's the target?

He could've just left the nominations the same and David goes home without creating a target on his back courtesy of Elissa.

2. sportsnut2002

sportsnut2002 Member

Or rest of his alliance votes out David, Candice votes out David. All they need then is one more vote for David and it's over.

3. NDJournalist

He could have simply asked Elissa to vote out David, since she was already in his pocket. I don't know who else they can get on board to vote David out, honestly.

4. sportsnut2002

sportsnut2002 Member

What about Amanda? She was trying to build a partnershiip with McRae. He gave her that info on him, as a way to build trust. Maybe she repays it by voting David out. Either way, I think he's sunk.
    But yes, by putting up Elissa it got a little more hairy than it should've.

5. NDJournalist

He's playing like a nervous fanboy. Candice already figured out his alliance, and he couldn't even look at her when refuting her guess. Elissa told him she was MVP, so he told Amanda, which would have been fine had he not 30 seconds later confessed to Elissa that he gave up her secret.

As for Amanda, she's smart. Let's see if she sticks with him after he's no longer in power. She doesn't seem to connect with the rest of the girls, so maybe it's her best option.

Still, I think McCrae's having a very poor week aside from competitions.

6. sportsnut2002

sportsnut2002 Member

Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but is it as big of a deal that he said that Elissa was the MVP when basically everyone assumed she was?

7. NDJournalist

No. But I think telling Elissa that you told her secret (a secret in her mind, at least) does McCrae absolutely no favor. And calling her out in front of the house at the Veto Ceremony won't help his cause if Elissa sticks around and wins HOH or gets another MVP.

8. sportsnut2002

sportsnut2002 Member

What do you think of the MVP? I think what could be better is, instead of naming another person to put on the block, the MVP gets what would be similar to the immunity idol on Survivor: If you don't want someone on the block to go home, you use the MVP power in the Diary Room and all the votes for one person are voided. Thus the other person is automatically voted out. Of course, if the person saved would be otherwise voted out unanimously, then nobody goes for a week and two go the next week.
    Thoughts?

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

McCrae seems like a bit of a follower, and might get pushed around and used by Nick as things go on. But he did fine for the week.

I don't see McCrae lasting. But it isn't because of anything he did this week.

Elissa isn't a threat and he was smart to distance himself from her. Elissa has a target on her back. Anyone who gets associated with her will have a target on their back. She was an easy pick to put up this early. You don't make any enemies with the first HoH and the consensus in the house is anti-Elissa. His only mistake -- and it isn't that big of a deal -- was not putting her up in the first place. The way it worked out, he may have actually won over Candice in the process (not that I think that is worth much, because she seems like she is going to be a worthless competitor). But McCrae is OK for now.

10. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Dudebro is gone. And Arryn is a fucking pussycat.

11. sportsnut2002

sportsnut2002 Member

****SPOILER ALERT****

The duo of Aaryn and Jeremy won the challenge, and Aaryn is the new HOH.
    I'm guessing I can figure out one of the two who she puts up for eviction (McCrae, for getting Dudebro evicted). After that, who knows?

12. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Elissa for sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted