1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Brother 2013

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, May 25, 2013.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

No, Ryan Howard is not playing.

Anyhoo, the racism stuff (mostly the blond Texas mean girl and the Arkansas lumberjack beard guy) has even made it onto Huffington Post. It is unclear whether the show is telling the houseguests to tone it down, but they may have to deal with it on the Wednesday show, which is when news developments are usually put on.

And my Week 1 prediction is looking golden so far. :)

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm hoping surf boy is among the first to go.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I think the surfer guy can be good entertainment, so I am hoping he stays a while.

Aaryn is another one. From the various hampster sites, it sounds like she is a horrible person. And they clearly edited the second episode to make her look vapid and a bitch. But man is she nice to look at. I am going to want her gone sooner rather than later because the annoyance factor is going to more than offset the looks.

I was kind of down with Spencer, but according to various sites, he has said some racist things on the feeds, too. Too bad.

Here is where I am -- with the caveat that it is still early.

I can't stand Ginamarie. The Staten Island / NJ thing was good with Enzo, but they missed big with JoJo, and did worse with Ginamarie. You can tell Aaryn is a horrible, vapid person. Every season, I naturally gravitate toward the guy who is like Nick. For example, Matt from BB 12 was one of my favorite players. But I get the feeling early on that Nick is going to become overbearing and is too full of himself and I can see him alienating the others. Jeremy is obviously an idiot and he has a big mouth. And not as handsome / cool as he thinks. Judd seems dumb, and it isn't just the hayseed factor. I liked Spencer, but if he is saying racist things on the feeds, I can't get on board with him.

So the people I am rooting for, early on: Helen, the older Asian political consultant (how messed up when "older" is 37!). Howard, the youth counselor who is built like a brick shithouse. McCrae, the pizza delivery boy, just because. And Andy, the gay professor. I almost always hate the token gay guy, but I get the feeling -- and I am not sure why -- that Andy might have some savvy to him. If so, they are going to underestimate him because he looks like Opie, and that can leave him free to do some sneaky stuff, if he plays the game well.

I reserve the right to change my rooting interests, as I learn more about them. ... :)

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm willing to overlook the youth counselor thing for the brick shithouse thing.

5. Mizzougrad96

They're fools if they take Elissa out first. They should take out surf boy knowing that there is no way possible Elissa lasts more than a couple weeks.

6. sportsnut2002

sportsnut2002 Member

This is Big Brother we're talking about, but your point is right on. Surf boy - or Dudebro, as he's called on the EW page - has to be the first out here. Heck, if I was playing, I'd want to keep Elissa around and pick her brain about Rachel's times in the house and how she was able to put herself in position to win (assuming I hadn't seen or remembered how she won).

7. Mizzougrad96

I think it's hilarious how batshit crazy some of the cast have gotten about her sister being Rachel. It makes the target on her back bigger, but I think smart players would focus on getting out others first before they worried about her.

I haven't learned all the names yet, but the guy from the Moving Company who was trying to talk Delivery Boy into keeping the nominations as they were may be the person I'm now rooting for...

8. sportsnut2002

sportsnut2002 Member

I think you mean Nick, and I think he is going to be around until close to the end (next-to-last nomination or the one before that) and then someone is going to realize they can't beat him in the finale. That's when he gets voted out.

9. Colton

Colton Active Member

Anyone know when the Afterdark shows will tip off on Showtime??

Those are the only eps I watch every year.

10. sportsnut2002

sportsnut2002 Member

They are on TVGN this year, not Showtime. Each night at midnight.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

It's on TVGN this year, for two hours starting at midnight Eastern. They blank out dirty words now, unlike when it was on Showtime 2.

And Aaryn, the main racism-spewer on the feeds, was fired from a modeling contract today

12. Colton

Colton Active Member

Aw, man, that sucks. Thanks for the info, though, guys. Much appreciated.

Draft saved Draft deleted