1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Brother 18 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 13, 2016.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Same here! I thought I was going to like the traveling nurse -- like I had a crush on her after watching her interview with Jeff prior to the show and I was all set to root for her -- even though I thought she was going to be too guileless to be a good player. It all went downhill within 3 episodes. I just had her wrong.

I think you are right, too, about those three having the potential to stick around and think they are more than floaters. I think Natalie (the former NJ Jets cheerleader) is going to prove to be particularly dumb, though, so she could provide some entertainment as time goes on.

2. The Big Ragu

This is funny. From one of the sites I look @ in between episodes, with the commentary they had under it:

[​IMG]

I've been covering Big Brother since 2001, and never, have I ever seen a poll where 96% of the respondents wanted the same houseguest evicted! Frankly, I was against him from the minute he mocked Glenn by saying, "50 is not the new 20..." then when he told Da'Vonne he was the Messiah I laughed my ass off.

3. The Big Ragu

Also, as or now, he is apparently going to be blindsided at the eviction, because he somehow is so clueless that he thinks he is safe.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Not as satisfying as I'd wanted. I wanted a major meltdown.

5. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

I fell asleep during the voting, woke up
    I'm so glad there wasn't a major meltdown. I fell asleep during the vote, waking up as Jozea was talking to Julie. I was totally pissed at myself, figuring I had missed that major meltdown, which was the whole point of watching that night.

Watching Victor cry over Jozea was so sad, but I laughed.

6. The Big Ragu

Dunno if there is anyone still on it from here.

I was bummed to see Frank go. I like him as player. And my crush on Bridgette is back in full force.

I don't love this group. Out of he ones left, I particularly don't like Nicole and Michelle. Michelle in particular with the way she was toward Frank / Bridgette this week. Just bitchy and irrational.

I don't think anyone is playing a killer game strategywise. Paulie has won some stuff and he is a strong player relative to the group, but he bugs me because he is way too full of himself. James plays bold, but I didn't love him last season and don't love him this season. Paul is a loud mouth idiot.

Of the ones flying under the radar, I kind of would like Zakiyah to win. I just like her. Corey is flying under the radar, too, and could make it far, but he doesn't seem very bright or much of a strategist. Natalie could float through toward the end, but she is not deserving.

I don't like Da'Vonne, but I have come to accept her for who and what she is. She's drama. Annoying drama, but drama.

They'd be smart to keep Bridgette around, because she has no friends. But I wouldn't be surprised if she is the next target, because that is the way this season has gone.

7. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

I don't like the trend of all the decisions being made by the entire house. Maybe it started with the Amanda season? It takes much of the game play and scheming, which is fun to watch, out of it.

I'm disappointed in Bridgette. She's not stupid. She can do challenges. She let herself be totally controlled by Frank, which didn't work out so well since it alienated her from others. Michelle is an idiot even by Big Brother standards.

8. Killick

Doubt anyone gives a shit, since the last post was in early August, but I'll be pissed if anybody but Paul wins this thing tonight. All Nicole did for the entire game was fuck around with Cody. All James did was moon over Natalie. Paul is the only one remaining who actually played the goddamned game.

9. Killick

Well, that sucked.

10. The Big Ragu

I give a shit. Just wasn't paying attention on here.

That did suck. I can't stress how much I dislike Nicole, how much she annoys me, etc. She was more deserving than James, but Paul should have won that. He cost himself $450,000 by not taking James with him. I was thinking he made the wrong choice when he made it, but I thought he'd win anyhow. I was a little surprised by the result: Especially by Paulie, Zakiyah and Da'Vonne's votes. Paul was clearly the more deserving of the two in terms of how they played the game, but I underestimated just how much a few of them disliked him. And that is what cost him -- they chose based on who they personally liked more, not on who played the better game. Because clearly Paul did way more to win than Nicole who floated through and spent the summer annoying me with Corey.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Big Brother Over the Top is starting right now online. My wife is a huge fan and paid for the streaming. There's one girl from Kentucky who sounds like she's putting a lot of thought into every word she says and a guy who looks like Professor Frink.

12. The Big Ragu

I decided not to watch. I like it, but once a year -- and summer is perfect -- is enough for me. Plus, from what they described it was going to be even more contrived than it already is.

Rhody31 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted