1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Brother 18 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 13, 2016.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Season premiere is tonight. In addition to Cody and Vanessa's siblings. ... they are teasing "4 mystery houseguests" in the promos.

As always, I am looking forward to it. I hate myself for getting into this show, because on a rational level I know it is dumb, contrived TV. But what the heart wants it wants.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Have been seeing the commercials and, good lord, the one chick has an annoying voice!

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Once everyone was introduced, my wife asked, "Is the twist this summer that all of the female houseguest work as cartoon voiceover actors?"

Amy and Killick like this.
  4. Killick

Hated her last year, hate her again. DaVonne needs to be one of the first ones out, though she'll survive the first week (it appears).

And Michelle (the cheerleader), shows herself to be the vapid dunce we thought she was. Her suggestion for an imposing team name: Baywatch! (Giggle, giggle!)

5. Killick

Actually, as annoying as her voice is, I kind of like her.

6. The Big Ragu

I may be the one person in America who found Nicole annoying during her season. She whines a lot. And Da'Vonne bugs me, too. She is a drama queen, and not in a good way as far as I am concerned. I was OK with James coming back in, and I was kind of psyched about Frank being back. He was a competition beast during his season and was really difficult to get out of there.

Of the newbies:

Michelle (the nutritionist): I sense that she is going to have a poor social game and run afoul of people.
    Paulie (Cody's brother): Not going to be as charming to everyone as Cody was. But might stick around a while.
    Corey (the baseball player): VERY boring, but I sense he is going to go far. He will win competitions and keep his nose clean and not make enemies.
    Victor (the Latin lover): I think he has potential to be really entertaining.
    Jozea (makeup artist): One bitchy man. I think he is going to annoy the hell out of me, and will probably make enemies quickly. The hat is dumb.
    Natalie (event coordinator / cheerleader): Dumb as a stump. But damn, does she have a body (although I feel pervy saying it, because I am old enough to be her dad).
    Glenn (old guy dog groomer): Him trying to get on the rocket was ridiculous. He will be voted out early. Dude, put a shirt on.
    Zakiya (preschool teacher): My early impression is that I really like her. I want her to do well. Another one with a crazy, amazing body.
    Bridgette (traveling nurse): I get the feeling she is going to float through. I can see her getting annoying with the bubbliness, but I really liked her. She just has a really nice face.
    Paul (bushy beard guy / fashion designer): What a dick. Him and Da'Vonne ending up on the same team is perfect. I hope they destroy each other.
    Bronte (annoying voice / student): Did she mention that she is really smart because she. is. a. mathematician? Ugh.

It is really early, but I'll throw out my potential winners in order of who I think has the best chance: Corey, Frank, Zakiya, Victor, Paulie. I reserve the right to change those predictions as things flesh out more.

7. Killick

Jozea. What a dipshit. "The house loves me" combined with "I control the house" during Week 1? Sayonara, sweetheart.

Batman likes this.
  8. The Big Ragu

Lots of funny stuff in last night's episode. But one that stood out to me was Natalie, Bronte and Bridgette making their bubblehead alliance while Vanessa's sister was lying on a hammock 50 feet away pretending she was sleeping.

Anything Jozea has been funny, too. I am sure they are editing him to make him look even more full of himself and clueless. But it's not like they can put in things he hasn't actually said or done. Yeah, barring something crazy he should be gone.

9. Killick

Via Hamsterwatch, here are a few other Jozea doozies:

Jozea: I want to be on the big screen, be a host.. I could be the next Mario Lopez

Jozea: I have too much personality to be locked into one spot.

10. The Big Ragu

That is good stuff. Too bad if he isn't going to last long. He could have been entertaining, even if he would raise my blood pressure at some point.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

"Guy who tries to play 'The Game' in Week 1 and is gone by Week 3" is one of the best Big Brother characters. There's one every year, too.
    It's like seeing a NASCAR driver wreck someone to try and lead lap 5 of the Pocono 400.

12. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Even if the sister hadn't been right there, watching those three was awful. I thought I was going to like Travelling Nurse. Instead, she joined what has to be the worst alliance ever. Those three will likely stay around awhile because they pose no threats and will allow themselves to be used, all along thinking they are getting ahead because of their great strategy.

I keep confusing Paulie and Corey.

Draft saved Draft deleted