1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Brother 18 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

2. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I hate that I love this show.

3. Killick

Ditto. If it were on any other time, when network TV has so many other options, I wouldn't watch.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Was the delay because of the Orlando stuff? Like, were they planning to do it on "CBS This Morning" and then pivoted to stick with more serious news coverage?
    I had CBS This Morning on in the background today. They were broadcasting from Orlando, and it sounded like they were trying to keep a more serious tone.

5. Killick

I think they were supposed to live stream it, not have it on the morning show. At least, that's how I understood it.

6. Killick

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  7. sportsnut2002

sportsnut2002 Member

I still watch it, even if there are times it drives me nuts because the people are so stupid.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The stupid people are part of the fun.
    Plus, it's kind of like sports in that all the games look similar, but the details play out a little different each time. That's the fun part.
    Anyway, my wife is a huge fan. I get sucked in by household osmosis. So if she likes it, I'll end up watching a lot of it. She hated last year's cast, so we didn't watch as much of the After Dark stuff.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I draw the line at the after dark stuff. I check in on the fan sites to get updates between episodes, and I watch every episode -- even though I usually am catching up during the week after missing one or two. But I am ready for the new season. I see there is a 50-year-old NYC dog groomer / former police detective. I think my goal is to be the old person some day. They never win, though. Hopefully at least this guy has personality.

10. sportsnut2002

sportsnut2002 Member

And apparently we get Vanessa Rousso's sister, too.
    Oh joy.

11. Killick

... and we have our ditz!

image.jpg

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

My big brother is 14 years older than me and just turned 60.

Draft saved Draft deleted