1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Brother 17

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

... and she's gone in Week 2. But at least SHE KEPT IT REAL.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

So Austin and Vanessa are HoHs. They also are my two favorite players, with Steve third.

The whole house knows about Liz / Julia, but with Austin and Vanessa, they may actually be safe. Austin had already aligned with her (them). And Vanessa is smart. She will keep a target around. If they have guts, they will go after Clay. I want him out so bad. But I can see someone like James or Jeff being the target. No target on them, but enough of a threat to do something without going after someone who is a bigger threat.

3. sportsnut2002

sportsnut2002 Member

SPOILERS INCLUDED

I can't stand Clay. Just never have been a fan of his. And this week's HOH (with Liz and Shelli having won the comp) is so lame because everyone knows the boys (Austin and Clay, respectively) are doing a lot of the string-pulling. They need to put a rule in place where if you get nominated two weeks in a row and survive that you can't be nominated for one week, regardless of whether you win HOH. Seeing the same people up every week just gets so boring, so fast.
    I was hoping someone outside of the power alliance would have won (assuming they took Shelli's spot in the HOH) and put up Shelli and Audrey. Then, assuming they stay on the block, you have options after a possible veto: If Audrey comes down, put Clay up. If Shelli comes down, put the twins up. That would be a fun vote.
    Oh, and Vanessa getting so upset about how someone lied to her about saying they'd vote out Jeff and, instead, voted to keep Jeff (despite it not working) is silly. Someone needs to tell her that it's Big Brother - Everybody Lies.

4. sportsnut2002

sportsnut2002 Member

ANOTHER SPOILER ...

Jackie and James won Battle of the Block, meaning the twins were dethroned and Shelli is still HOH.
    Jason and Johnny Mac are still on the block, but judging from last night's conversations it looks like Jason is the target, with Becky as the fallback if Jason gets off the block. So, Johnny Mac should be safe.
    Veto comp is tomorrow.

5. The Big Ragu

I agree with you about Clay. Can't stand him. Can't stand Shelli either. They make my skin crawl.

I liked Austin at first, but he has crossed over to creepy. He tries too hard and has annoyed me more and more as the season has gone on.

I am still on the Vanessa bandwagon. And she won one of the two HOH's yesterday. She is playing a strong game. My only concern (since she is who I am rooting for now) is that she isn't under the radar. But she is who I am wrong for. Steve would have to be my number two choice. He just seems like a good egg and has the right attitude toward playing.

Becky is way under the radar and might be floating by to end up in good position. ... or she might just be a floater. You don't see her much on the edits. But I get the feeling she can compete in a competition of she absolutely has to. It could be an OK strategy if this is by design.

Jason annoys me. But maybe not quite as much as when he first went in. But I would go nuts being around him 24 hours a day.

Same with Meg. She just bugs me. But I am not outright rooting against her, even if I don't think she is going to win.

I am probably pretty neutral on everyone else. James is weird as hell. I am not rooting for him, but I don't hate him. He seems to always be eating. I am in love with the twins. But I am not really rooting for either of them to win. I just want to stare at their bodies in a pervy old man way (even more pervy than Austin doing it). They both seem to know how to flirt to their advantage. Jackie won one of the two HOHs, but she is a nothing player and is floating. She bugs me a little, but not as much as some others.

And that leaves. ... Johnny Mac. He is hysterical when he is trying to be, and even more so when he ISN'T trying to be. I hope it works to his advantage and he stays in there for a long time. He may be one of my favorite BB players ever.

As an aside, I was really happy to see Audrey go. Everyone walked on eggshells about her because she is transgender. But she still lied a whole lot and was a baby about her game. She was gleeful to vote people out and try to stir shit. ... but when it came back to bite her, she couldn't take being targeted.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

My wife and I have decided that Johnny Mac's voice is a dead ringer for either Bobcat Goldthwait or Captain Caveman.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

My wife is a much bigger BB fan than I am (she watches it and I usually listen while I'm on the computer), and has complained she hasn't been able to get into it this season. The characters are just too unlikable to her.
    To me, it seems like all of the houseguests are way too serious about "the game" way too early. To succeed, you really need to just not piss anyone off until the field gets whittled down to 10 or so. Last year's crew seemed to have a pretty good handle on that concept. A couple of people tried to strategize early on and were gone pretty quickly. This year, it seems like every time I turn on After Dark there's some strategy session going on, and we're still in the first freaking month.
    It's a marathon, not a sprint, people.

8. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

My wife said the same about the dentist.

"He sounds like the Police Academy guy!"

Which one? Mahoney? Tackleberry? Sweetchuck? Sgt. Harris? Proctor?

(I'm clearly fucking with her at this point.)

"No, that one crazy guy!"

"Zed? Because he doesn't actually talk like that."

Silence.

9. The Big Ragu

Same vibe in my home. I watch, though, and Mrs. Ragu only hears it because I have it on. But she has asked me multiple times, "What is wrong with that guy?" whenever they cut to Johnny Mac in the diary room.

I think he is hysterical. The voice combined with the serious way he says things. Supposedly he has killed it on the live feeds, although I don't watch. And he is more intelligent (and his humor can be wry) than people realize, because of his exterior. He seems so goofy and then he says these incredibly silly things with a straight face. I seriously love the guy.

10. The Big Ragu

Oh yeah. ... And he figured out the twin twist based on a tooth crown!

11. sportsnut2002

sportsnut2002 Member

Jason is going to be evicted tonight. He essentially told Steve he didn't have the votes from Clay and Shelli and, unless there is a BB Takeover (remember those?) I would expect he gets no more than two votes (I think Jackie said she wouldn't vote to save him unless she would be the fifth vote).

Tonight will likely make or break the season. If one of the power 6 alliance wins HOH, look for them to put up Austin to throw the BOB so their side stays in power. Then, I'd be guessing you can look for Jackie to go home. Then you can essentially count down the clock to the six-person alliance making it to the last six (sorry JMac, Steve and Becky) and then it's everyone for themselves.

If two people on the other side (most likely James and Jackie, but JMac could slide in there) win HOH, there could be fireworks come the nomination ceremony. I definitely think if Meg and Jackie were to win, you could see one put up Clay and Shelli, while the other puts up Liz and Austin. Then, depending on who remains as HOH, Vanessa or Julia could be an easy backdoor candidate.

Oh, by the way, I'm really hoping we hear the BB Takeover music tonight (not for the twins) and both Jason and Becky get off the block - ala coup de tat. You could have a scenario where the music hits just as the first voter reaches the diary room door, someone comes on screen, initiates the coup, pulls the two off, then puts up two others (Shelli and Austin perhaps?) and the vote immediately happens.

12. YorksArcades

YorksArcades Active Member

I'm hoping for some sort of scandal that causes CBS to cancel the show.

Draft saved Draft deleted