1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Brother 16

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

I loved Joey even more after her exit interview. I wish they'd come up with a way to put her back in the house.

As much as I don't want Devin or Caleb to win, I don't want them to go home because they make me laugh a lot. Their tender moment together last night was spectacular - even better than Caleb's obsession with Amber, which was pretty damn funny.

Donny is great when he isn't crying.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Devin is crazy in the worst sort of way. I think the roids (I am betting he took) seeped into his brain and messed him up permanently.

I like the game that Derrick is playing. He just stays clear and keeps his head down. I think that is what you need to get through an early week with an erratic player creating drama this way. Zach, not so much. Frankie seems to get it. But he talks a bit too much, even if he is trying to keep a target off his back. I don't blame Amber and Christine for staying silent when Zach talked up. Devin had the power. They all know he is nuts and erratic, but you have to just keep your head down and stay safe.

I loved how after the Battle of the Block, Devin called himself the "puppet master." But Hayden was totally creeped out when Devin was doing the, "I had your back the whole time, bro." and trying to hug him.

I haven't read spoilers, so I don't know what happened, but that was a perfect, "to be continued" at the end of the power of veto meeting when Brittany said, "I have something to say."

BTW. ... Mrs. Ragu is disgusted by the fact that I get so into this show. She just doesn't get it. Does anyone else deal with that in their home?

3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I get the "Why do you watch this?" a couple times a summer.

It's definitely a guilty pleasure, but during the summer when TV choices vary between limited and nothing, it fills that void a bit.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

My wife is into the show, too. Her best friend is embarrassed for here. Our daughter got us involved a few years ago, and she bolted after we got interested. Kids.

Things were hanging in the balance for a couple days, but it looks as if Zach is going to stay; I think people just don't want to get stuck in BoB with Paola. The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if Zach was encouraged to go rogue so that the Bomb Squad would break up and everyone would have to play the game. Donny and Jocasta seem to have darn good instincts, by the way. The two players who have been considered the best so far have been Derrick and Frankie, but both have overplayed lately, and Cody and Hayden may actually be in better position. At this point, the only women worth a darn are Brittany and Amber, and both are likely to soon be targets once the house takes their shot at Devin/Caleb.

5. RecoveringJournalist

Zach is a colossal douche. The Gators shirt certainly doesn't help either.

6. RecoveringJournalist

I'm pretty happy with the first two people who have been evicted, although I would probably have preferred Zach to have gone home.

Spoiler alert

Nicole and Derrick HOHs

Nicole nominated Amber and Donny; Derrick nominated Caleb and Jocasta

7. RecoveringJournalist

Caleb and JoCosta nominees. Donny won the veto. Conventional wisdom is that he saves one and they put up Devin.

As much as I didn't like Paola, she did have the great line, "You have five personalities and all of them suck." when talking to Devin.

I still think it's hilarious that they're portraying Nicole as a "nerd" on the websites. I think she's one of the best-looking women to ever be on the show.

8. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Caleb's obsession with Amber is no longer funny. As crazy as Devin is, I think I'd vote out Caleb.

I don't think I've ever seen so much crying because of people being nice to each other.

Donny is a super nice guy and turning out to be a much better player than I expected, but I hate his beard.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Donny is a mix. Overall, he is playing a really good game. Just the amount of being a great guy, winning trust and doing nice things for people to win them over. But he has talked a bit too much at times, and in the case of Nicole, it got him put up as a nominee. I have a feeling he is going to be a target sooner rather than later.

Devin is the right guy to go home, and Derrick played the week perfectly. You couldn't go wrong with Devin or Caleb, but Devin needs to go now, obviously.

I thought the "Team America" thing was going to be dumb, but the first mission made for a mildly amusing couple of minutes. It is a better add-on than "the saboteur" was, for sure.

Having the dual heads of household and the battle of the block was a change for the better. Better twist this summer than in the last few seasons. Sundays used to be a little slow. You got the nominations on Wednesdays and someone evicted on Thursdays. Now Sunday has something integral to the game, too.

This is shaping up to be a really good group and it may turn out to be one of the better seasons. I am pleased. :) My take on the HGs so far:

Joey: Dug the blue hair. I had a bit of a crush on her at first, but the more I got to see of her, the less I liked her personality. She was a horrible BB player. One of the worst ever.

Pao Pao: Didn't like her at first, but she grew on me a bit -- not to the point where I liked her, but I could at least stomach her. She was a horrible BB player and even if she had floated for a while, she would have never have been able to win anything, so she was kind of dumb and useless.

Devin: It's too bad he couldn't save himself, because him in there gives a good amount of crazy, which is good TV. He played way too hard, and as a result went from master stratagizer to "puppet master" to supervillain to out (tonight). By the way, did anyone else happen to pick up that he is a dad?

Donny: I have a feeling he is going to get targeted sooner rather than later. He has surprising game. He has a great personality and can win competitions. The problem is that he's on their radars now, so he won't be surprising anyone from here on out. I want him to go far. I just don't think it is going to happen.

Caleb: He is going to have to take over the role of batshit scary houseguest with Devin gone. I hope he can live up to the challenge. The king and his queen thing gives me hope.

Amber: I don't like the game she is playing. She hasn't done anything glaringly wrong, but she just doesn't seem strong to me. She is tough in competitions, which can get you far, but she doesn't have the whole game working. She tried to use her looks and it is burning her because she now has to deal with G Cowboy stalker.

Brittany: Great piece of manipulation on Devin.

Cody: Haven't seen much of him until this week, but in a way that is good, because he did a good job of getting through the early weeks by keeping his head down. He seems likeable, and he should be able to win competitions, so he could have some staying power. I loved his talk with Caleb: " I am a good looking guy and you are a good looking guy." Yes, you both are handsome men!

Christine: I thought she would annoy me more. I am pleasantly surprised. I liked the fact that she went right for Devin in the POV competition and did it with confidence. Even though she didn't get him out, she may have more game than it seems.

Derrick: I think he is playing a great game so far. He did his HoH week perfectly. He has cop smarts, which is an asset, but it was telling that Donny didn't trust him when he went fishing to see what Donny would do with the POV. He could become a target -- he's too prominent after this week.

Frankie: Not as annoying as I thought he might be, and that is a good thing. He has a little bit of game, and he is creative (the Amanda / Zach thing was well done), but I can see him talking too much and getting himself in trouble.

Hayden: He oscillates between supercool and superannoying. The crush on Nicole has already gotten old. I think he is more floater than player.

Nicole: She bugs me. Every time she talks, it sounds like she is whining. I don't think she is that sharp, and I think she may end up getting played. I'd keep her around if I was in there, because I'd think I could use her.

Jocasta: Is she playing BB or did she decide to spend her summer vacation randomly locked in a house with strangers and cameras? Until she got nominated and sick, I forget she was even in there. She is a world class sobber, though. Praise god.

Zach: Annoying, has a good amount of jerk in him, and has a big mouth. I hate the term "social game," but I think his "social game" will be what what gets him evicted.

Victoria: Annoying, doesn't seem very smart and has zero game that I have seen. I can't imagine her lasting very long, but there is always someone like her who inexplicably makes it to jury.

10. RecoveringJournalist

I think Frankie has to be the favorite at this point, followed closely by Derrick.

The better play might be to vote Caleb out, but then if Devin wins HOH, things could get ugly. If they send Devin home as planned, Derrick leaves his week as HOH with almost no blood on his hands, which is tough to do this early in the game.

Caleb is nuts. Not on Devin's level, but still.

11. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Devin is nuts in a way that makes him dangerous within the context of the game. Caleb is nuts in a way that makes him dangerous in real life. If I were Amber, I'd already be thinking about a protective order. I am hoping that the creepiness of his obsession is a result of editing, but it feels real to me.

12. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Jocasta has to go. She almost broke down in tears when they won the HOH contest to get off the block tonight.

That is just too annoying for her to go on. Swap her and keep Brittany in the house.

Draft saved Draft deleted